Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so maybe this is a stupid question, but what is the archive thing for in the K2? I can't move anything into it (unless I did it the wrong way), there's nothing already inside it. When I buy books, they're just on the regular home page. Once, my purchase did go into the archive, but that only happened once.  ???

·
Registered
142 Posts
That's where any books you don't have on your K2 but have on Amazon are listed.  If you have a WN connection you can just go in there and "open" that book to transfer it back down.

·
Registered
599 Posts
When you delete a book off your Kindle, it goes into the Archive folder. If you want it back on your Kindle, you can redownload it from there.

Only works for Amazon books, though.

·
Registered
599 Posts
P.S. There are no stupid questions! :) We all are or were once newbies at this.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I see. Thanks.  ;D I guess I couldn't figure it out because I haven't deleted anything (only samples) and so I thought it was kind of pointless, LOL.  :D

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I don't know, some of my students asked some doozies like "Where is the library?" This from a senior in college. I required my students to use books for at least half of their sources in their research papers. The same student cited a Tom Clancy novel as a source on the causes of conflict.

My other favorite was: "What do you mean there are only 50 states in the United States of America?" This question was normally accompanied by a student looking very confused and then arguing that Canada and Mexico really were states. Again, these were college students.

I drank a fair amount when I taught...

·
Registered
599 Posts
ProfCrash said:
I don't know, some of my students asked some doozies like "Where is the library?" This from a senior in college. I required my students to use books for at least half of their sources in their research papers. The same student cited a Tom Clancy novel as a source on the causes of conflict.

My other favorite was: "What do you mean there are only 50 states in the United States of America?" This question was normally accompanied by a student looking very confused and then arguing that Canada and Mexico really were states. Again, these were college students.

Hahaha... ok, let me rephrase that... when it comes to Kindle, there are no stupid questions. Unless it's something like, "Where do you put the game cartridge in?"

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Re stupid questions (and your question was a good one--I learned something since I don't have a K2) It's tourist time here in the Washington, DC area. Time for the annual article on stupid questions tourists ask the tour guides. My favorite is "how do they get all the flags around the Washington Monument pointed in the same direction?"

Betsy

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just turned WN on at work and my K2 started doing something, I figured the update, nope not that.  It moved all of my archived books onto my K2 and now my archive is at 0.  Weird.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
One thing you'll notice is that non-Amazon books actually say "delete", while Amazon ones say "remove from device." That's how you know which ones go to the Archive.

·
Registered
737 Posts
ProfCrash said:
Don't forget Iraq and Afganistan. And I think we're going to have to drop California, before they ask us for a bail out or an invasion. ;)

ProfCrash said:
Must not have been too much or Crown Royal; you would have forgotten what you taught.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
ProfCrash said:
My sister-in-law is both a retired teacher and a minister. For her 60th birthday, we had a bunch of her friends (teachers and a few ministers) over to our house on a Friday night. I've never had to send for more wine in the middle of a party any other time.... ::)

Betsy

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
My sister-in-law is both a retired teacher and a minister. For her 60th birthday, we had a bunch of her friends (teachers and a few ministers) over to our house on a Friday night. I've never had to send for more wine in the middle of a party any other time.... ::)

Betsy
There is a reason for that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts