Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Those are for the Kindle 1, which had less built in memory but allowed you to store additional books on a memory card. So books, would be the answer... ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yes, books would be ONE answer. I have audible books and some classical music on my SD card. The audible books and music files take up a lot of internal mem on the KK. That is only one of the reasons I didn't go to the K2.

B

·
0 Posts
I use my SD card to store all of the books (classics) I downloaded from Feedbooks and Manybooks. Those books are not backed up on Amazon and I want them to be easily accessible without having to go searching for them. I keep my SD card in the pocket of my Oberon, so that the books do not clutter up my home page.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LuckyRainbow said:
I use my SD card to store all of the books (classics) I downloaded from Feedbooks and Manybooks. Those books are not backed up on Amazon and I want them to be easily accessible without having to go searching for them. I keep my SD card in the pocket of my Oberon, so that the books do not clutter up my home page.
Do you move them on your computer or can you do this from the kindle?

I've never used an sd card that way..

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
If you keep the books in the documents sub-folder of the SD card, you can access them on Kindle.  Some people take it a step further, and make other sub-folders on the SD card in order to categorize their books, and/or to "hide" them from the Kindle (so as to keep them off the home page) while keeping the SD card inserted in the Kindle instead of taking it out like LuckyRainbow does -- in which case, to make them available on the Kindle, you'd have to move them back into the documents sub-folder while the Kindle, or the SD card itself, is hooked up to the computer.

If you want to just keep books on the SD card so as not to take up all your Kindle memory, and don't mind having those books listed on your home page, it's easy to move them back and forth using the Kindle device, through the Content Manager menu.

B

·
0 Posts
I use the download guides from both of those sites. Once you download the guide to your Kindle (Feedbooks has detailed instructions for how to do this), you can download books using the Whispernet, just like from Amazon. After I have them on my Kindle, I move them to the SD card using the Content Manager.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts