Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot for the life of me find any mention of a series for my books, or what # they are... I guess I thought I'd see something like (Book 2 in the Amazing Series) or (Amazing Series, Book 2) somewhere on the page. But if it's there, I sure can't find it. My book 2 doesn't even show up as an also-bought with book 1.

·
Registered
975 Posts
It should show the name of the series if you entered one. It doesn't show the volume number, which is very hard to believe, but it doesn't, despite the fact that there is a spot where you put that information in. While I have not done it, I have seen many people actually type in the series and number as the title. SOmeone can verify this for you (for us both), but I do believe that is how people get around this particular bit of klunkiness.

What I would like to know, is how do we get our series to have the SERIES option when we are picking the genre. I don't get series as an option at all, only fiction/science fiction/adventure (or tech or whatever). Series is NOT on that list. Maybe someone will know.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
John Daulton said:
It should show the name of the series if you entered one. It doesn't show the volume number, which is very hard to believe, but it doesn't, despite the fact that there is a spot where you put that information in. While I have not done it, I have seen many people actually type in the series and number as the title. SOmeone can verify this for you (for us both), but I do believe that is how people get around this particular bit of klunkiness.

What I would like to know, is how do we get our series to have the SERIES option when we are picking the genre. I don't get series as an option at all, only fiction/science fiction/adventure (or tech or whatever). Series is NOT on that list. Maybe someone will know.
Yep, I just did this exact thing--changed my series titles to "Title (Series, Book #)" because the numbers weren't displaying and readers were getting confused. In fact, one title change is still processing.

John, to get Series, you have to email KDP and ask them to add it manually.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm. Well, it certainly does not show the name of the series, with or without a #1.

I guess I can add it manually to the title (which will then not match other bookstores...). But I guess I was sort of expecting that if there was a place to add that data, that it would then show up somewhere.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So... on the publishing page, if I call something a series, it makes no difference at all to the product page?

Does it "do" anything anywhere else? Is it just supposed to be for my own record-keeping, or something? Seems kind of pointless, then, but  oh well.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Edward W. Robertson said:
Yep, I just did this exact thing--changed my series titles to "Title (Series, Book #)" because the numbers weren't displaying and readers were getting confused. In fact, one title change is still processing.

John, to get Series, you have to email KDP and ask them to add it manually.
Thanks. I'll give it a try. I wonder why that is.

·
Registered
773 Posts
On the other hand, if you publish the same books with CreateSpace and use the same input data, the series title and volume number show up on your books' print product pages, but sadly not on your corresponding Kindle product pages, even after you entered them into the metadata they asked for in the first place.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Maggie Dana said:
On the other hand, if you publish the same books with CreateSpace and use the same input data, the series title and volume number show up on your books' print product pages, but sadly not on your corresponding Kindle product pages, even after you entered them into the metadata they asked for in the first place.
*sigh*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts