Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I've never seen one so can't comment for sure, but if it's non-ferrous (ie not magnetic) that would rule out stainless steel. If it is metal at all (and not just plated plastic) I'd guess aluminium as well.

Anything else (titanium etc) would be too expensive.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not magnetic. I would guess it's aluminum but with high-tech plastics today I can't rule that out. I would think some one from Amazon would frequent these boards and have a positive answer. Thanks so far for your help.

·
Super Moderator
67,558 Posts
Nebula7 said:
It's not magnetic. I would guess it's aluminum but with high-tech plastics today I can't rule that out. I would think some one from Amazon would frequent these boards and have a positive answer. Thanks so far for your help.
I'm 100% certain that someone from Amazon monitors KindleBoards.

I'm nearly as certain that they aren't allowed to comment. . . . ::)

I'm also pretty certain that someone who has researched or figured it out will share. :)

If I may ask the OP: Why are you asking? I can't think of any reason why it would be important to know. And, to my recollection, it's the first time it has been asked here. Though there was much discussion about the difference between the backs on the 2nd vs 3rd generation Kindles.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm asking mainly because everyone who checks it out asks me what the back is made of. I have an answer for everything else but that. Now I'm curious. And if it indeed metal it may hold up a bit better then plastic. I've noticed the DX bends and creaks a tad where the Kindle 3 does not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts