Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought the mighty bright at Borders ( since their price beats Amazon) since I finally got a cover to stick it to and I'm sick and tired of reading in bed with the light shining in my face.

My Oberon arrived. Love the cover. Don't really love reading with it though. Once I put it on I want to read it like a regular book and keep accidentally hitting the page turn buttons. What I really want is a cover to read with that is more like a stiff frame that holds the kindle and I can stick the light to. But I don't want it to close and open like a book. Just a flat surface. So it's like holding the kindle alone except I can attach the light.

I was thinking M-Edge Platform but can't find it for a K1. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Maybe try a strangedog cover?  Might be able to find one in the buy, sell, trade or barter section here or try his website (if you are lucky enough to hit it at a time he has one on there).

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Mighty Brites seem to do fairly well with many covers.  I used it with an M-Edge, Strangedog and Oberon.  I might have preferred the M-edge with the MB.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Sadly, M-Edge does not have a Platform cover for the K1.  I do not like to read in bed with my Oberon either.  I have the Executive jacket from M-edge for my K1.  It has a ledge that some folks did not like.  I personally like it very much.  When I lay in bed I am able to prop it on it's side leaning against a pillow.  The original light from M-edge works great for me. 
deb

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem isn't the light, except that I need to use it. It's figuring out how to hold the kindle in the cover. I ended up doing ok last night reading after I logged off. I still was accidentally turning the pages sometimes though.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Do you have the right top corner strap hooked over the K?
deb

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had it on and off. Didn't make a difference. I think, I just need to use it more and get used to it. I wasn't planning on reading with the cover on but once I bought the book light I needed something to attach it to and I can't find a good place to attach it directly to the K.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I sometimes find that when I hold my Oberon a particular way it bends which makes the page turn.  It happens with either top corner if I'm not careful. 
deb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts