Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kindle 2 and my cousin just bought a Kindle 3.  I would really like a Splash Proof Cover and she wants a totally waterproof cover.  There really doesn't seem to be a clear choice or either type of cover.  What does everyone use?  She wants to float in the pool with hers and I just want to sit by the pool and read.  We looked at Guardian, Klearcase and Trendy(I think that's it)  I actually bought a MEdge Leisure but got one for the Kindle 3 instead of 2.  I really did like that case though and my everyday case is an MEdge.
Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered the Clear Case for $12. It looks like the more expensive m-edge leisure. It won't be water proof, but at least splash proof and sand proof which is what I wanted. I tried my friends Trendy Digital but I couldn't turn it on without opening all three fasterers. The Clear case has double zippers and you can place them near the power switch and just open it a little to turn it on. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200585423426&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm glad you've enjoyed the Leisure jacket so far.  That is a great cover if you want to protect your Kindle from splashes, dust and grime.  The front of the jacket is easy to clean as well, simply wipe it off if it gets wet.  This is the jacket I would recommend if you want something that is splash proof.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
You should probably tell your cousin to get in on this one rather quickly. She can always pick up a truly waterproof case later on.

One cent for a new Octovo splash-proof cover has to be a mistake. I can't imagine they won't correct the offer soon.

[Edit: The deal now seems to be over. Hope you saw this in time.]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, unfortunately I was too late for that deal.  As far as the M Edge Leisure, I was not able to use the cover I ordered because it was for a generation 3 and I have a generation 2 kindle.  The cover seemed as if it would be perfect for what I want but I can't find one for a second generation kindle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Are you sure that deal is dead? You need these codes to get it (found on Books on the Knob)

In the order summary page, enter the first promotional code, 4I7WHQR8, and click on Apply. Your total should drop to $5.99 with shipping.
Now, enter the second code, 8EISZG3U, and click on Apply. Your total will drop to $5.00 even

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just spent an hour looking for the M edge leisure for a Kindle 2.  No luck.  I guess I'll end up with the Trendy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
dharts said:
Are you sure that deal is dead? You need these codes to get it (found on Books on the Knob)
I got in on the deal myself with both codes, so when I reported it was dead, it was after checking again for Lanshark. (I only bought one case; let's hope the vultures didn't walk away with 20 apiece.)

No harm in anyone's trying the codes again on the remote chance they'll work. I just didn't want to leave up a post that would give anyone false hopes -- particularly since the double-coupon effect appears to have been unintentional.

The deal was probably taken down as soon as someone figured it out. The product was listed as "no longer available" for a few hours before it was back and the deal no longer worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts