Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Anniehow said:
Is this like an external battery? or do you need to still plug in the wall? How exactly does this thing work?
I have an iGo adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter in my car. You can buy different tips for it so one charger can be used for different devices: iPhone, Kindle, GPS, etc.

I believe they also make an adapter that plugs into the wall and again, can utilize the different tips.

They sell them at Radio Shack if you want to actually see the device before buying one.

L

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Mine has a wall charger, auto charger and airplane charger, and can charge two devices at once. I have tips for our cell phones, Nintendo DS', camera and Kindles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, Thanks, that's not at all what I thought it was.  Currently I have my plug perpetually pluged into my bedside plug and when the battery on Penelope starts to go down I plug it in.  It's a pretty good system for me.
Does it charge faster then the plug that came with it?  Is the Purpose of this device so that you don't need to bring 50 plugs with you when you go on a trip?

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Exactly, I can take one wall and car charger with tips for my Kindle, my GPS, my cellphone, my iPod and my Palm.  Instead of 5 chargers.   ;D

Betsy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts