Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading about post-Nazis and being confined to a writers' ghetto on some Amazon sites. I haven't experienced this.  What is all the brouhaha?

·
Registered
973 Posts
In one sense, this is what you have posted this in.

The concept, I believe, derives from that fact that on many (if not all) public forums set aside a separate forum for indie writers.

On the one hand, the establishment of a dedicated forum might be considered a privileged benefit, as it permits the aggregation of topics of interest to authors and the free exchange of views among peers.

On the other hand, it might be considered a blatant act of segregation to keep the unwashed masses of self published kooks and their annoying and desperate acts of random promotion away from the decent people.

;D

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Being placed in a ghetto has its ups and downs. On the one hand, it hurts to be discriminated against. On the other hand, the history of ghettos is that some flourish attracting outsiders into them for services and products. I prefer to think of the writers corral in the Land Whose Name Must Not Be Mentioned as more of an Middle Eastern Souk, a thriving bazaar of products that will draw all with the richness of products for sale therein. ;)

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Rhynedahll said:
On the other hand, it might be considered a blatant act of segregation to keep the unwashed masses of self published kooks and their annoying and desperate acts of random promotion away from the decent people.

;D
:giggle:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If writers are hanging out some place, I want to be there too! I like talking with other writers.

·
Registered
538 Posts
We don't have any ghettos in my neck of the woods, but what we do have is trailer parks, lots and lots of trailer parks...

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Soo nice we all know the same music. Youtube? who needs YOUTUBE for that one?

ELVIS LIVES!!!!!!!!! in our minds...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts