Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your dream job vs. what do you do now?

As you can see by my avatar, I am a backpacker.  I would LOVE to be a backpacking guide.  I don't think I could think of a better job for me.  First, people would pay me to tell them what to do, and second, I would get to be in the outdoors and be paid for it.

But until then...I am a QE at a medical device manufacturer.  :-\

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Dream Job- travelling nurse while writing. still debating whether or not I want to work in the coroner's office...people find its creepy that I want to work there.
Current job- Full time college student (major-nursing)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Writer.

Or owner of a deluxe boarding kennel/pet hotel.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I'm kind of living my dream job. However, I would like to manage it without this obnoxious cat sitting on my desk near the keyboard, complaining at me all day long...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thumper said:
I'm kind of living my dream job. However, I would like to manage it without this obnoxious cat sitting on my desk near the keyboard, complaining at me all day long...
My cats are like appendages when I am home. I understand completely. The cats are almost like my kids were when the kids were little. attention, attention, attention MOM

·
Registered
368 Posts
In the movie "Three Days Of The Condor"  Robert Redford works for the CIA as a reader...paid to just read.  That is my dream job.  ( Of course without all that pesky murder and drama.  LOL)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Dream job . . .  running a foundation to give away a lot of the money I just won in a lotto.  Current job - I work with the courts and like my job.

I can't have any more cats and I miss them a lot.  Have a couple of friends who have cats, so I get my fix when visiting them. 

·
Registered
238 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
Dream job opening a no-kill animal rescue. Current Job- work with kids :)
I am with you here! I went to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and fell in LOVE!!!! (www.bestfriends.org) But, I want everyone else to do the day to day stuff so I can just focus in being with the animals all day. :)

Current job: electrical design at an engineering firm.

Current Volunteer job: run Southeast Pug Rescue, but really want to rescue more than pugs, hence my wanting a no-kill animal sanctuary! (www.rescuepug.com)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Current job: Magazine writer/editor (on staff)

Dream job: Same job, but working 4/5 days from home — or out of the office anyway — but still on staff (not freelancing).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cowgirl said:
Dream Job: Talk Show Host
The visual that popped into my mind immediately was the Seinfeld episode where Kramer puts the Merv Griffin set in his apartment.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dream Job:  Film Advisory Board member
Current Job: Executive Assistant

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Dream job: Housewife/mother with a rich husband so I can read my Kindle and play with my kids all day!

Current job: Housewife/mother with the husband of my dreams who is working on making us rich! I am soooo spoiled! The only problem is, now I wish he could be home with me so we could do stuff together! I guess you can't have everything.

I hope all of you achieve your dreams!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thumper said:
However, I would like to manage it without this obnoxious cat sitting on my desk near the keyboard, complaining at me all day long...
Cats are personal assistants for those who work at home. They help you do you job by insisting you give them attention or food. How, or why, scratching their heads is supposed to help you do what you do, like program databases, is a mystery known only to cats. But you're in real trouble if you comply with their demands.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts