Kindle Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Mine is a public domain book by Mildred Mann, How to Find Your Real Self and you can get it for free at many places online, incl Project Guttenberg.

Registered
I'll chip in with my two cents, if I might. "Minimum Wage Magic" by Rachel Aaron is one of the best contemporary fantasy books I've read so far, and hugely underrated/unknown, in my humble opinion. It's part of a trilogy and I'm currently partway through the second book, called "Part-Time Gods". The third book is titled "Night-Shift Dragons".

Anyone (like myself) who's ever worked themselves to the bone with little to no pay to show for it will definitely relate and appreciate the wit, humor, struggles, and triumphs that she brings to bear in her trilogy. It's a future fantasy with dragons and other cool magical beings and settings. The protagonist, Opal, is a riot and I could read about her for days on end.

If the author had a big marketing budget behind her, this series could easily rival and perhaps surpass today's bestselling novels. In terms of quality of writing, story development, and worldbuilding, she has no equal. Change my mind LOL 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
The problem is that you can't search for a book you don't know about :rolleyes: . The best way to find interesting books that are new to you is to volunteer in a charity bookshop or your local library. Sorting out donated books exposes you to ALL sorts of books and you'll end up with a pile of TBR. In a library you can offer to return books to their shelves and this will also give you a wide variety of books that you probably have never heard of :)

Registered
I have a couple:

Deed of Paksennarion by Elizabeth Moon In my opinion, this book can compete with The Lord of the Rings in the fantasy category. It's one of those huge stories that builds to a finale with perfection. It should have sold millions of copies...

On the Way to Heaven by Tina Wainscott -Rereleased as Until I Die Again by Jamie Rush. - This is my favorite romance ever. And I've read a lot. It's a soul swap story about a woman who died and got a second chance in another body. I think that bit of weirdness might have kept the book out of mainstream, but it is well worth the read.

Registered
In the last 2 years, we got many new authors. And we can find many unknown well written books! Recently my girlfriend bought The Zero Sum game of you and she loved this book a lot. I forcefully read this book because of her, but after reading half chapter I also found this book interesting and now I am on the last chapter.

Registered
Not unknown, but rarely mentioned - how about:-
Trent's Last Case: A Detective Novel (Also known as The Woman in Black): Amazon.co.uk: Bentley, E. C.: 9788027332199: Books

also known as :-

a very good read if you enjoy detective stories.

Edmund Clerihew Bentley, was the inventor of the "Clerihew" e.g.:-
George the Third Ought never to have occurred. One can only wonder At so grotesque a blunder.

:) Nick

21 - 28 of 28 Posts