Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
A friend recommended John Eldredge's WILD AT HEART and I really enjoyed it a lot. It delves into manhood and the role it plays in your relationship with GOD. I love the outdoors and hiking and such, it is one of the ways I feel in touch with the Spirit and Eldredge writes a lot about that. He also has a followup called WAY OF THE WILD HEART which continues the examination.

I've also become a fan of Max Lucado. He has a very simple style that is easy to read.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. The story of her time in the concentration camp is gripping enough, but to have come out of it after losing all of her family members with her sanity intact is a testament to the power and love of God. Love the follow up too, how some of the guards later came to Christ and let her know it and asked forgiveness.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.
http://www.amazon.com/Practice-Presence-God-Brother-Lawrence/dp/0800785991
Because it's one of the few books show the tantalizing reality of what an intimate relationship with God looks like. Simply put, I grow as a Christian every time I read this book. And I've read it a lot over the years and probably will for as long as I'm alive.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
lmroth12 said:
The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. The story of her time in the concentration camp is gripping enough, but to have come out of it after losing all of her family members with her sanity intact is a testament to the power and love of God. Love the follow up too, how some of the guards later came to Christ and let her know it and asked forgiveness.
That's such a great book! I don't know how I could possibly pick a favorite, though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I loved The Hiding Place! It's so hard to pick just one favorite. Mere Christianity is the first to come to mind. That book has helped me refocus my faith many times, especially when I was struggling with doubt.

·
Registered
I'm working on my will to live.
653 Posts
"Something to Stand On", which is a rather old title. But in the first page or three, it explains how the idea of virgin birth is a mistranslation.

The idea is that your faith shouldn't be shaken by facts, but rather, it should actually strengthen it.

Needless to say, my mind was blown. Not by the above revelation, which I already knew about, but that a book of Christian theology would dare to publish something like that. It was inspiring.

http://www.amazon.com/Something-to-Stand-on/dp/B000IOFQL6/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363537649&sr=1-5&keywords=%22Something+to+stand+on%22

·
Registered
15 Posts
Releasing the Revival Floods, by Greg Frizzell.  he has several really good and challenging books on prayer and our daily walk.  this one challenged me more than the others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts