Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we go out to eat about four times a week, sometimes more and I was just wondering... what's your favorite food? Is it something your spouse/parent/grandparent cooks or something at your favorite restaurant?

My favorite home-cooked meal when I was young... my mum's Chicken Fricassee... I have never had anyone else make it for me...

My favorite food is Seafood (soft-shell crabs, snow crab, gumbo, clam chowder, calamoari) Mmmmmmmmm...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Lasagna: (my mother's) never in a Restaurant (Italians NEVER eat Italian out...just not the same)
Pizza: Cheese & Mushroom
Margaritas: Salted on the Rocks (Hey, got to drink something with all that food)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sjc said:
Lasagna: (my mother's) never in a Restaurant (Italians NEVER eat Italian out...just not the same)
Pizza: Cheese & Mushroom
Margaritas: Salted on the Rocks (Hey, got to drink something with all that food)
Dang IIIIITT!
I totally forgot my Strawberry Margs...frozen, no salt. Love anything with triple sec and tequila. YUM! Thanks sjc for reminding me.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I love coconut shrimp and my mom's potato soup. Actually, I love all potato soup, but my mom's is the best. She makes it with homemade noodles. Oh, and I love my mom's lemon sponge cake. In case you can't tell, my mom is a good cook. She had a stroke several years ago, and for a while she couldn't remember how to make things, but she is starting remember now. 

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I love sushi.
And frozen margaritas and mimosas and a well made bloody mary and a vanilla Stoli and coke.
I should really post more food ...  ::)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aravis60 said:
I love coconut shrimp and my mom's potato soup. Actually, I love all potato soup, but my mom's is the best. She makes it with homemade noodles. Oh, and I love my mom's lemon sponge cake. In case you can't tell, my mom is a good cook. She had a stroke several years ago, and for a while she couldn't remember how to make things, but she is starting remember now.
You are BLESSED. I have not had my Mum's food for over 12 years :( Thank God your mom recovered her memory. I wish I had my mum's recipes, she had Alzheimer's and threw away a lot of things before I realized it... Only recipe I remember is her Baked Spaghetti and Baked Chili Dogs, my two brothers' favorite foods! :mad: If I had known how fast things happen... :( (I was too young I guess) God Bless you & your mom.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AddieLove said:
I love sushi.
And frozen margaritas and mimosas and a well made bloody mary and a vanilla Stoli and coke.
I should really post more food ... ::)
Or...Not... ;D Hey it's YOUR post!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Meredith Sinclair said:
You are BLESSED. I have not had my Mum's food for over 12 years :( Thank God your mom recovered her memory. I wish I had my mum's recipes, she had Alzheimer's and threw away a lot of things before I realized it... Only recipe I remember is her Baked Spaghetti and Baked Chili Dogs, my two brothers' favorite foods! :mad: If I had known how fast things happen... :( (I was too young I guess) God Bless you & your mom.
Thank you, Meredith.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aravis60 said:
Thank you, Meredith.
You are so welcome. I am just smiling inside knowing you get to have your second chance with her, strokes are scary. I know you surely enjoy every minute you have to spend with her & those cakes and soups etc. tastes even better now I bet! :) :)

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I don't even have to think twice: my mother's cheesecake. It's so good I want a huge piece; it's so rich it's -- almost -- difficult to finish that big slice. This is not one of those wimpy "fluffy" cheese cakes, or one of those dry, tasteless things that has to be topped with fruit or such to make it worth eating. This is dense, full of lots of cream cheese, sitting on top of a delicious graham cracker/cinnamon crust, has a bit more cinnamon dusted on top, and is finished with a sour cream topping that is added for the last few minutes of baking.  :p  :-*  ;D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
NogDog, you are making me hungry!  :D

My favorite food is also cheesecake, New York style.  I am not so fortunate as you, and have to rely on the restaurant and store-bought variety.  Nothing disappoints like a slice of cheesecake that is not up to expectations.  It does nothing to satisfy the craving, but the calories are all still there.  :(

N :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Mom's Carrot Cake she has been gone for 21yrs now but every time I make her recipe, I have such fond memories of cooking with her.

For eating out a really good steak or prime rib, YUM

For Drinks, good ole Ice Tea..

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My favorite food -- the edible kind -- anything edible -- haven't met a food yet I don't like.

If I HAD to pick a favorite it'd be Beef Curry -- started with mom's recipe and made it better (even she says so!).

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
L Brandt said:
My Mom's Carrot Cake she has been gone for 21yrs now but every time I make her recipe, I have such fond memories of cooking with her. For eating out a really good steak or prime rib, YUM
For Drinks, good ole Ice Tea..
Seems like everyone LOVES/LOVED mom's cooking. I was hoping to inspire some good stories on this thread. I definitely have done that! Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Anything that I catch, kill or grow myself.

I can hardly stand meat that isn't wild game.  Kind of like comparing store bought tomatoes with fresh tomatoes from the garden, no comparison.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I have lots of favorites.
I am a big mashed potatoes fan..love them :)
My Mom's Chili and potato salad..NOT at the same time of course lol
I really like chinese food.Low mein,sweet and sour chicken,fried rice.
My current thing is those lil pea pods lol I am always snacking on those. :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Favorite dish when mom was my cook, Roast Beef and Noodles.  Homemade noodles rolled up on the counter like a jelly roll and cut.  Mom has been gone for 17 years.

Current favorite food (I am the cook) Plain Lay's Potato Chips and Strawberries.  Ice Cream comes in a close third.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Oh! I forgot another favourite (although, that makes me wonder how much of a favourite it can really be). When I lived in OKC, I went to a restaurant called Nonna's. They had the best bleu cheese burger I have ever eaten. Instead of bleu cheese topping the burger, they had mixed it with the meat and then cooked it so every bite had that wonderful taste. And it was huge. Also, during dinner time they had the most fabulous blackberry duck.

And now I'm hungry.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts