Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the K2 has gelskins that are available for purchase on Amazon. Do gelskins provide a decent amount of protection from drops & falls? Or is the protection so minimal, you're better off with a case?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I don't have a gelskin, but I would think it would offer a bit more protection that a vinyl skin, but not comparable to a good case.  Of course, the case won't even help you if, like me, you leave the K. on the bathroom counter with the case folded around the back and it falls face down on the tile floor. ;D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Gel skins in general do provide pretty good protection, not too sure about the kindle one though.  There is one way to find one  ;) ;D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I think the better way to put it is that they protect from scrapes & bumps.  If you're looking for protection of the actual device with the hope it will still work when you pick it back up, no brand of skin is going to cut it--you need a padded case or a well designed cover with a closing mechanism.  If you need protection from scratches and dirt, the skin can help.

Or if you hang around with this board long enough, you'll find you need all three!  :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Are you talking about silicone skins/cases, or the skin brand Gelaskins?

Gelaskins are the same as DecalGirl essentially.

I didn't find any "gel" skins on Amazon... post a link? In general I don't like the silicone/gel sleeves and cases for devices. They attract too much hair and dust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts