Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I write nonfiction Christian books.

What kind of SEO keywords should I incorporate into my author website? I am having a tough time finding keywords on Google Adwords keyword planner.

Should I select highly competitive or low competitive keywords?

What should my home page topic be about, myself or my book?

This is my current website: www.jimiakanbi.com

Any idea is welcomed.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Here's something simpler than Adwords. Go here: http://www.google.com.au/trends/

You'll see the search bar at the top. Type in a term and hit enter and it will take you to another screen. Click 'add term' to add another search term. Compare different phrases to see which search phrases are trending and which have more search volume than others. (i think you can compare up to five)

Because Christian books and terms relating to Christianity are huge, you might be better off going for a niche (low competition) - whatever relates to your books.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
your main page should SEO target your name and one or two keyword phrases that book buyers may search.  Anyone that went through Googles Panda or Penguin etc updates realizes that SEO is hard work and unless you have a targeted niche, then your time is best spent gaining a mailing list through Amazons keywords- which as many have said equates to writing, publishing and repeating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts