Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am playing around with Apples new Genius feature on ITunes.

I choose Green Day's Time of Your Life and Apple put together the following list for me based on the songs that I have in my library. Yes, I have a a slightly weird music collection.

Time of Your Life         Green Day
Someday                 Nickelback
Addicted                 Simple Plan
Don't Speak         No Doubt
Pretty Fly         The Offspring
Otherside         Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pieces Of Me         Ashlee Simpson
Chop Suey         System Of A Down
Crawling         Linkin Park
Sex And Candy         Marcy Playground
Lightning Crashes         Live
Tears In Heaven         Eric Clapton
Dammit                 Blink-182
Name                         Goo Goo Dolls
Bye Bye Bye         'N Sync
Bright Lights         Matchbox Twenty
Faint                         Linkin Park
Caress Me Down         Sublime
Sweet Emotion         Aerosmith
Figured You Out         Nickelback
Wonderwall                 Oasis
What's My Age Again Blink-182
Brain Stew         Green Day
3 AM                 Matchbox Twenty
Breakfast At Tiffany's

·
Registered
788 Posts
You don't have a weird music collection. You're pretty mainstream really.

I was just listening to Carnival by The Pillows, and now I'm listening to Siren by Asian Kung-Fu Generation. Both Japanese bands.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coolio. It is about time I had something mainstream (grins). I am looking forward to what Apples produces with some of the jazz and classical music I have.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Not listening to any music right now... When I do, it is usually the 60's or 70's on XM, or I am listening to rehearsal CD's to learn my music for choir.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I'm listening to Jack Johnson's "In Between Dreams" and "Sleeping Through The Static" albums. Then there's big bro's rock band video game blasting in the background

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just love my iPod- right now it's playing Cyndi Lauper's She Bop.  A blast from the past!  I have a little bit of everything on there, thanks to a "Load My iPod" post I made on Facebook - about 20 of my friends suggested songs for me to load, from yoga-type change to Motley Crue.  But I have lots of classic rock, Marc Cohn-style and some great Broadway soundtracks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm listening to Taylor Swift right now.  Kinda hard posting and listening to music at the same time, I'm not good at multi-tasking  ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've always been a huge U2 fan, although I'm not sure I like their new single they just released ??? I tend to listen to music that I am getting ready to see in concert.  I have been listening to Motley Crue, Hinder and Theory of a Deadman because I saw them this last Tuesday.  Nickelback is coming up on St. Paddy's Day so I will be listening to more of them.  Ben Folds is coming the same night as Nickelback and I was just telling a friend that I wish I could clone myself to be able to go to both!  Who schedules these things?  Don't they realise the conflicts they create?  Nickelback wins but I wish I could see both...life is full of disappointments!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hawksley Workman right now for me. He's a fun Canadian artist who does sort of a folk/glam/rock thing that's really hard to explain.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Toby Lightman and Nekko Case.  This week.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have a mix set up on Pandora of these types of artists: Eagles, Avalon, Boston and Toby Mac.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Angela said:
I am listening to my alto rehearsal cd for choir... Easter music! Have to do it all by memory.
You have separate CDs for the parts? I'm jealous! Especially because I also sing alto and it's always drowned out by the sopranos. Of course, the group I sing with is pretty informal. We don't even memorize our music.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
deMoMo said:
You have separate CDs for the parts? I'm jealous! Especially because I also sing alto and it's always drowned out by the sopranos. Of course, the group I sing with is pretty informal. We don't even memorize our music.
We only get them with some of our music collections like the Easter book. Most of the times I end up picking out my part on the piano!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts