Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IT IS WEDNESDAY AGAIN!

SOMETIMES WHEN I GET SET BACK OR HEARTBROKEN IN MY PUBLISHING CAREER, IT IS HARD TO KEEP GOING. EVEN WITH SOME SALES COMING IN, IT STILL FEELS LIKE QUITTING IS A SMART OPTION SOME DAYS.

TWO THINGS REALLY HELP:

1. FRIENDSHIP WITH OTHER AUTHORS WHO "KNOW THAT FEEL"

2. KNOWING THAT OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT NOT RECOVER FROM THE SAME THING THAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME. KNOWING THAT IF I CAN KEEP GOING, THE CROWD AHEAD OF ME IS THINNER.

AND ANOTHER THING TO REMEMBER:

EVERYTHING'S LESS shitass IN THE MORNING.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
KEEP GOING DALYA! (WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE, BUT YEAH - I LIKE TO GO ON MY FB GROUP WHERE WE WHINE ABOUT TRIVIAL BS IN PRIVATE...MOST OF TI'S ABOUT REVIEWS.)

WHEN I GET DISCOURAGED I TAKE A DAY OFF AND READ A BOOK. THEN I CAN REVIEW IT THE NEXT TODAY AND GET HAPPY OVER MY BLOG TRAFFIC NUMBERS INSTEAD OF BOOK SALES. :p

HAVE I MENTIONED HOW MUCH I LOVE THE TONGUE DUDE SMILIE?

BUT OHHHHHHH...OHHHH...OHHHHH MR. KOTTER - I GOT FANGIRLED TODAY BY BOOKWORM BRANDEE! IT'S JA HUSS DAY AT HER BLOG...LOL...SO TODAY IS NOT A BAD DEPRESSING DAY, EVEN THOUGH I AM GOING TO TAKE THE REST OF THE DAY OFF AND READ A BOOK.

G

·
WHEN I GET DOWN, I THROW A VIDEO GAME INTO THE XBOX, SET IT TO THE EASIEST SETTING, AND THEN BLAST THROUGH IT SO I CAN FEEL ALL POWERFUL.

THAT, AND CHOCOLATE HELPS. CHOCOLATE HELPS A LOT...

·
Registered
369 Posts
<<1. FRIENDSHIP WITH OTHER AUTHORS WHO "KNOW THAT FEEL">>

THIS! SO IMPORTANT. OUR PROFESSION IS SPENT ALONE IN OUR HEADS ALL THE TIME, SO NEEDING AUTHOR FRIENDS WHO GET HOW WE CAN OBSESS IS NECESSARY TO STAY SANE IN THIS CRAZY BUSINESS.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
WHEN I GET DOWN, I THROW A VIDEO GAME INTO THE XBOX, SET IT TO THE EASIEST SETTING, AND THEN BLAST THROUGH IT SO I CAN FEEL ALL POWERFUL.
HAHA, I USED TO PLAY DOOM IN GODMODE WITH A CHAINSAW.

NOW I READ MY POSITIVE REVIEWS IF I'M BUMMED ABOUT WRITING

IF I'M BUMMED ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE I WATCH QUENTIN TARANTINO MOVIES. WITH CHAINSAWS.

·
Registered
973 Posts
ToniD said:
PLUS, SPEAKING IN CAPS LOCK. FIRST TIME EVER. FEEL BETTER ALREADY
YES, JUST READING THIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL BETTER. I LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE SPRING REFUSES TO APPEAR, SO I'LL TAKE ANY CHEERING UP I CAN GET!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I AM FRUSTRATED THAT MY WRITER'S BLOCK SEEMS TO HAVE MORPHED INTO EDITOR'S BLOCK.  IT REALLY SHOULDN'T TAKE ME THIS LONG TO EDIT STUFF.  I KNOW I'LL GET THROUGH THIS BLOCK IN THE END - BUT IT'S LIKE WADING THROUGH TREACLE TRYING TO MAKE MYSELF DO IT IN THE MEANTIME.  MAYBE I SHOULD TRY RE-WRITING THE OPENING ALL IN CAPS?

I LIKE PLAYING LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE AS A PICK-ME-UP BUT I'M NOT ALLOWING MYSELF TO PLAY UNTIL I HAVE ANOTHER THREE TITLES OUT.  STILL, THERE'S STILL CHOCOLATE, CRISPS, AND BOOKS.   ;D

PLUS - I MADE A VERY TASTY VEGGIE-SHEPHERD'S PIE LAST NIGHT AND THERE'S ENOUGH LEFT OVER FOR TEA.  YUM.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I CAN'T GET AWAY!

GOING TO A CONFERENCE FOR A FEW DAYS AND AM TAKING MY LAPTOP. NOT FOR THE CONFERENCE. OH NO. I'M TAKING IT SO THAT I CAN CHECK THE SALES REPORT.

I'M SICK. SICK, I TELL YOU!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I PLAY STAR WARS AGE OF EMPIRES.  I AM THE GALACTIC EMPIRE AND I ALWAYS BATTLE JAR JAR BINK'S PEOPLE.  IT'S LIKE DESTROYING ALL THAT ANNOYS YOU IN LIFE. :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
THAT.

ALSO THE FEW FRIENDS I HAVE WHO ARE CONSISTENTLY SUPPORTIVE AND THERE FOR ME TO VENT TO AND TELL ME THAT I'M NOT A HACK.

ALSO VERY STRONG COCKTAILS. PREFERABLY ON A TROPICAL ISLAND BUT THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN AS OFTEN AS IT SHOULD. ;)

·
Registered
841 Posts
WHAT'S BRINGING ME DOWN RIGHT NOW:

- I'VE GOT THE CROSS-EYES. YOU KNOW, WHEN YOUR EYES ARE TIRED FROM STARING AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN FOR TOO LONG?  ???
- MY NECK HURTS
- I AM HOMELESS FOR THE TIME BEING WHILE WE MOVE FROM THE WEST COAST TO THE EAST.

WHAT PICKS ME UP:

- GOOD FRIENDS
- GOOD WINE
- GOOD FOOD
- THESE NEW SMILIES AREN'T BAD EITHER.  :p

G

·
JuneG said:
- I AM HOMELESS FOR THE TIME BEING WHILE WE MOVE FROM THE WEST COAST TO THE EAST.
IF WE HAD KNOWN YOU WERE MOVING, WE COULD HAVE ARRANGED TO HAVE YOU CRASH AT VARIOUS KBERS HOUSES AS YOU MIGRATED FROM WEST TO EAST ;D

G

·
HEY EVERYBODY! BETSY JUST SAID IN ANOTHER THREAD THAT THURSDAYS ARE NOW THIRD PERSON THURSDAYS!  ALL POSTS ON THURSDAYS SHOULD NOW BE WRITTEN IN THE THIRD PERSON!

:eek: :eek: 8) :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts