Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had a book blogger who posted a lovely 5-star review of my novella, and a couple people (who seem like book bloggers) commented below that they need to find a copy. I've been agonizing if I should reach out to those potential readers, but don't want to appear like a stalker, so can you recommend me what I should do?

1. Comment on the blog post and offer a free copy.
2. Email those people and offer them a free copy.
3. Do nothing...if they really want the book, they can find it on Amazon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
At the minimum, I would comment on the review, thanking the person for reviewing it, and provide a handy link for the other people (since I'm guessing the review did not give one).

Whether you want to go beyond that depends on how much the novella costs, how well it's done so far, how much business you think you can get in the future from this move, etc, etc. Take a look at the other factors and choose based on those.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I'd send the link to your book to the blogger and leave it up to him/her to share it with the commenters.
Seems weird to review an ebook and not tell people where to find it

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
The review has links. I think the "see if I can find a copy" isn't meant literally.

In this case though, I don't see the harm in posting and thanking the blogger (whom I'm assuming you've communicated with before) and letting other bloggers know that you will happily supply them with a review copy too.

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
Personally, I think I'd leave it alone. If they're book bloggers, they'll know how to track you down and request a review copy.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I forgot to mention--the review did include links to Amazon and Goodreads, so that's why I'm perplexed why the book bloggers saying they need to find a copy ??? But maybe it's as what Monique says, they didn't mean it literally. Here is the link (http://www.leisurereads.com/princesses-dont-get-fat-aya-ling/) if you'd care for a look.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! Still pondering what to do though--as I understand, book bloggers are swamped by authors, but if these have expressed an interest...hmm...

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Aya Ling said:
...as I understand, book bloggers are swamped by authors, but if these have expressed an interest...hmm...
Comes with the territory.

I'd get in touch with them. They made noise like they wanted review copies. If they wanted a copy to buy, they would have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts