Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
570 Posts
Anything that brings to mind a visual will inspire my mind to write. Days of the Future Passed by the Moody Blues, in its entirety, will stir the muse in an almost mystical way.

The following lyric in Loreena Mckennett's, The Mummer's Dance, captivates my imagination each and every time I hear it, so I will very much say it is inspiring:

Who will go down to those shady groves
And summon the shadows there

It's like, I really want to know what is going on in those shady groves, and then I begin to write.

· Registered
570 Posts
Hilary Thomson said:
I've never understood the whole business of being inspired by lyrics. When I listen to music, my brain automatically tunes out the words and just concentrates on the melody. The lyrics are just noise, and I have to concentrate hard to figure out what's being said. I can listen listen to a song a hundred times and never know what the lyrics are. It's always the music itself that I'm interested in, and I get very annoyed when people can't seem to tell a good composition from a bad one. A lot of lyrics people seem to like are set to quite unremarkable music.
I think it is really just a matter how the individual mind perceives. Some perceive both melody and lyric, some melody, voice and lyrics and some, like yourself, melody alone. Some are inspired by music, and some not at all by it. It's all a matter of perception.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.