Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,078 Posts
It sounds like it's part of the Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory (MMPI).  A lot of employers use that test to see if their employees are crazy or not (so to speak).  It's really  a cool test, b/c allegedly people who administer the test can tell if the person taking it is not telling the truth just by looking at the answers.  Or, that's what my abnormal psych professor told us when we discussed that test.

Some employers also give it on an annual or a semi-annual basis, but I'm not sure what sort of jobs have that kind of requirement.  Probably ones with a high pschological stress value.

So to answer your question, the point is to see right off the bat if you're crazy.  The good news is that you're probably not crazy if you don't see the point of the questions.

~robin

· Registered
1,078 Posts
A friend of mine applied for a job with the FBI and had to take what was probably the MMPI.  He came back laughing about it.  One of the questions he had to answer was

"Are you consumed by evil?"

He really felt that question should have been on the essay portion of the test.

~robin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.