Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just heard the news here in Spain (a little slow because it was siesta when the message came through). But 6pm where? So I have a huge dilema, quite a panic situation. I have about fifty bottles of really fine Spanish wine laid down. Just can't drink them all before the end!! Way too much food here still to try, just heard of a new bar that does the best Paella in town, was planning that for Sunday. ARGGGH! They could have let us know here a few months ago!

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
kindlequeen said:
It's 6pm Pacific Standard Time.... apparently the crazy guy who came up with all this stuff is in California!

Although.... he's saying that a major earthquake will kick off the "party" in New Zealand, 6pm their time.

Only 8 more hours.....
So the significance of 5/21/11 is only significant in some places of the world? Won't it be 5/22/11 in New Zealand ???

Oh well, I'll talk with you guys some more tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
crebel said:
Oh well, I'll talk with you guys some more tomorrow ;)
Will You? Are you REALLY sure? giggle....

Seems to me that the "KB Chatters" are meeting right around the "end-of-world" time......see 'ya there !!

·
Registered
149 Posts
It was supposed to begin at 6pm local time in NZ and roll across the world one time zone at a time at 6pm 5-21-2011.

Since it's now Sunday the 22nd in NZ and nothing has happened there I'm thinking we are in the clear. lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
OTOH, maybe they got it backwards and it will start at 6 pm PDT. I'll be heading out for dinner at that time, so sadly I'll be unable to inform you all of the situation here in the Pacific Time Zone.

But someone will surely step up to the task.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is 9.10 am on a beautiful Sunday morning in Spain. As far as I can tell everyone I know is still here, no earthquakes or tidal waves. Will head to the beach to check it all out in a bit. Whew, at least the wine collection is still intact!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Val2 said:
Whew, at least the wine collection is still intact!
Mine is down several bottles. Guess it doesn't pay to give credence to rumours.

Or perhaps it does pay, but only in the moment.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
balaspa said:
So, now that the day has come and gone...how much did you end up drinking?
Not really that much, but did have a wondeful curry! Way to much naan bread and rice so back to the gym this morning. Sigh......why do all the nice things make me fat??

·
Registered
512 Posts
Anyone see about this guy in New york who blew his life savings of about $140,000 on billboards, sure the Rapture was coming and stood in Times Square at the appointed time, waiting for the end only to be scoffed at and mocked? What gets me is that people actually feel badfor this guy.  He is willingly stupid and deserves to be mocked.

Oh, and surprise surprise, noone seems to know what happened to Harold Camping.  Totally AWOL. Gee, I wonder why?  These people got indignant at people for not believing.  Is that not utter insanity?

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
metal134 said:
Anyone see about this guy in New york who blew his life savings of about $140,000 on billboards, sure the Rapture was coming and stood in Times Square at the appointed time, waiting for the end only to be scoffed at and mocked? What gets me is that people actually feel badfor this guy. He is willingly stupid and deserves to be mocked.

Oh, and surprise surprise, noone seems to know what happened to Harold Camping. Totally AWOL. Gee, I wonder why? These people got indignant at people for not believing. Is that not utter insanity?
Well, as a bully target in HS I am pretty familiar with ridicule. . .I'd say no one 'deserves to be mocked.'

I do feel sorry for people who were taken in by a flim-flam man. . .for whatever reason.

That doesn't mean I think the people who bought this guy's house or sold him the billboards should give him his money back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts