Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind do you have?

I have a Pugle but it is not the typical one. The typical Pugle has a Pug face with Beagle hair. I have a Beagle face with Pug hair and I love it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Coal Black Miniature Schnauzer named Sparky.  Nicknamed Sparky the Barky Dog.
No one told him he is miniature, he is 25 pounds.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Chihuahua/ terrier mix  does that make him a Cherrier? (Aka Pound puppy)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hold on to your chairs LOL  I have:

2 Cocker Spaniels
3 Bichon Friese (rescues)
2 Brussels Griffons  ( 1 is a rescue he is a diabetic)
2 Pomerians (1 is a rescue little guy has seizures)
1 Weimeraner (hubby's so not really mine)
2 Terrier Mix (brothers belong to my grd daughter but live here)

Also I'm a dog setter so several aweek come and go

:eek:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Two salt and pepper Standard Schnauzers--the middle size no one ever sees or recognizes.  LOL  They're aunt & nephew; Kaya is 7 1/2 years old & about 35-38 pounds, Bogie is just over a year & about 50-55 pounds.  His father, Jiggs, took Best of Breed at Westminster last year, and is Kaya's half brother (same mother).  Kaya got all the brains in the family though!

Standards have all the good and bad traits you see in minis behavior-wise, multiplied by a less convenient 20-30 pound larger package.  :D  Now if only I could talk my husband into a giant schnauzer.....

·
Registered
712 Posts
wow lb, you are blessed with lots of love at your house.  i have a 13 year old brussels griffon (what are the odds of two people knowing what they are, much less owning them) named nora, and a 12 year old shih tzu named nicky. yes named after nick and nora charles, i was afraid to name one asta, was afraid they would act like the namesake and i don't have enough energy for that. lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Carolyn, yes it is strange, I spend a lot of time asking people who want to know what a griff is, Did they see the movie As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholas...

My little guy Max is 13 yrs old also, he gets insulin shots twice aday and my Black griff Gidget is just 3 1/2 yrs old.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
My best friend Noggin (a.k.a. Nog Dog, a.k.a. The Nogginator) is an Australian Cattle Dog mix (from a local animal orphanage -- please spay/neuter your dogs if you're not a breeder!). I don't know what the "mix" is, other than it likely includes some Pit Bull based on the short hard coat, wide head, and overall size (about 60 pounds versus the typical 30lb for a ACD).

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I have a cross between a Black Lab and a pot bellied pig (He's the one in my Avatar)
He really is -- short fat barrel of a dog and his tail curls -- has a most unusual wag -- curls and uncurls.

My DD has a beauceron mix (she's a rescue -- the dog not the DD!)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
L Brandt said:
Hold on to your chairs LOL I have:

2 Cocker Spaniels
3 Bichon Friese (rescues)
2 Brussels Griffons ( 1 is a rescue he is a diabetic)
2 Pomerians (1 is a rescue little guy has seizures)
1 Weimeraner (hubby's so not really mine)
2 Terrier Mix (brothers belong to my grd daughter but live here)

Also I'm a dog setter so several aweek come and go

:eek:
Wow!

Although the Cocker's are the only ones on that list I'd marginally call dogs. ;)

j/k, lol

Do you have a significant other? If so how did you talk them into so many dogs. I've been forbidden to get any more dogs and I only have two.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems that our who0le neighborhood has dogs and I just can't get away from them

·
Registered
712 Posts
nora is my second griff. my first little girl was whimsey (yes, lord peter-notice a trend here? lol)  she made it to 14, i lost her to congestive heart disease 13 years ago. her brother was a shih tzu named rascal that made it to 15.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
My mutts.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have two very spoiled Papillons.  One 7 year old female (sable/white), her name is Luciano and she is THE boss of the house.  She gets what ever she wants from her Daddy. Also, one 12 year old male (black/white), his name is Michelangelo and he is also very spoiled.  He has a beautiful black and white coat (even at 12 years of age).  Had another male Papillon that was 12 years old last year when I had to put him to sleep.  He was sable and white and his name was Dario.  He was a very smart dog (also had a temper to match though).  I love Papillons.  They are  beautiful dogs and I love to spoil them.

You may remember Kirby from the Westminister show back in '97 or so.  He was a beautiful black and white Papillon that won best in show that year.  Poor Kirby died at the age of 16 last year I believe.  

·
Registered
701 Posts
We have a black/white/tan tricolor English Springer Spaniel named Tinsel (born on Christmas day. We had 2 Rottweilers before her, Springers before the Rotties

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have a pair of Belgian Tervurens.  This is my second pair, and I just adore them.  Kiva and Rainy are a little over 2 years old now, and finally starting to outgrow some of their puppy mischief.  

My avatar is Reka, the female from my previous pair, taking a break from *chasing sheep around*.  She loved chasing them, but she never quite understood the whole herding thing...

·
Registered
921 Posts
JetJammer said:
I have a pair of Belgian Tervurens. This is my second pair, and I just adore them. Kiva and Rainy are a little over 2 years old now, and finally starting to outgrow some of their puppy mischief.

My avatar is Reka, the female from my previous pair, taking a break from *chasing sheep around*. She loved chasing them, but she never quite understood the whole herding thing...
Those are beautiful dogs. I've always like those. I don't have the room or enough yard for a dog like that or I would have one.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have a 2 year old black lab named Boomer. He thinks he is a "lap" dog. I have tried to explain to him that he is a laB not laP dog. He is very calm and laid back for a lab. Never had the puppy chew on everything too hyper to sit still stage. Lucky us! He is my nap buddy...lol.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
I have a 2 year old black lab named Boomer. He thinks he is a "lap" dog. I have tried to explain to him that he is a laB not laP dog. He is very calm and laid back for a lab. Never had the puppy chew on everything too hyper to sit still stage. Lucky us! He is my nap buddy...lol.
Noggin loves to sit in my lap if I'll let him. I have one overstuffed chair in which he can jump up from the side, then distribute his 60 pounds so that some of it is supported by the chair's arms. Then as long as I can adjust him so that he doesn't have an elbow poking directly into my lap (concentrating what feels like 100 pounds into 1/2 a square inch of my thigh!) he'll gladly sit there forever, or until I get tired after 20-30 minutes and make him go lie down on his pillow again. :)

1 - 20 of 182 Posts