Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I'm assuming you mean real sales, not freebies?
I cruised around in the top 100 in my sub genre a few times but now I wish I'd made better notes about my top ranks. After this $&^*(&! christmas no-bump season, it would be a pleasant piece of nostalgia.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
#1 books> romance> anthologies
#41 kindle store> kindle ebooks> fiction> genre fiction> romance> contemporary
#50 Books> Romance> Contemporary

This is fun! It's going to be great to see everyone's best :)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Quiss said:
I'm assuming you mean real sales, not freebies?
I cruised around in the top 100 in my sub genre a few times but now I wish I'd made better notes about my top ranks. After this $&^*(&! christmas no-bump season, it would be a pleasant piece of nostalgia.
Author Rank, not sales rank. There are charts in Author Central.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
#438 - all of Amazon - the first week it started.

I'm in the 900's right now, even though sales are a little better????

I haven't looked in the subcategories.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Looks like I was #216 in "All Books" on November 22nd. Don't ask me how that happened. Probably a glitch while they fiddled with server stuff.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Author rank of 575 overall, 175 in Kindle books, 153 in fiction, and 9 in Historical Fiction. I had some great neighbours in hist fic!

Edited since I cleaned my glasses and looked at the graph again. :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
White Seed got up to number 58, approx., after the BookBub promotion.  But then, like Willie E. Coyote with a rocket strapped to his back, the flame went out and it/he fell back.  But, life is good.  The book is still selling well at my Holiday Special price.  However, I will soon put the price back up to at least $3.99.  I want people who buy it to really want it, not just buy it because the price is good.  Also, I'm getting something ready for the ABNA.  Won't say what it is.  But hopefully I'll get at least a review from the Publishers Weekly people.  Anyway, I hope everyone has a great year. Best!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I think we're going to need a new thread for book ranks ;).

Author ranks for me:
1812 - Overall
1024 - Fiction
437 - Fantasy
78 - Science Fiction
206 - Mystery/Thriller
114 - Thrillers

Quiss said:
Okay, do ya'll write these things down, do you have really good memories, or is there a list somewhere?
Chris, go to Author Central and click on the Rank tab. You can then drill down for the different cats. Select the "all time" link, mouse over the highest peak and capture the rank that way.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
OOPS.... Mine was just under 10k. It was after my great week which is kind of a bummer when looking at it, but what are you gonna do?

Some of these are AMAZING! Go team!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Quiss said:
Okay, do ya'll write these things down, do you have really good memories, or is there a list somewhere?
There's a "Rank" tab on your Author Central page with the information. At least, that's where I got mine. :)

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
This is a joke for me to even respond, but what the heck...it's January 1st.  I haven't a clue as to author rank; I never have bothered to look.  My one and only novel managed to get up to 54K+ for a brief time one afternoon in November.  What?  Did I hear applause?  No, I guess not, it was just the wind blowing through empty space.  Why was the space empty?  No book sales, that's why.  

1 - 20 of 54 Posts