Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's a new month and new checks are being sent out. i just got my remittance, so I thought I'd start the thread again since it was so popular last month. here it is.

Payment amount: 3,867.34

Not bad this time around. it certainly brought a smile to my face! For the record I sell primarily paranormal romance, and a young adult fantasy that hasn't found it's readers yet. I sold 5055 books for this check. All of them were 0.99  except for one which was a sequel and was up for $2.99

Hope this helps for anyone that is interested.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
That's great.

I've had a remittance advice from UK for the past 4 months with an EFT payment but nothing from Amazon US, they sent out a cheque/check last month and it's been lost. They told me they won't issue another one until next week and no to expect it for another 15 days!

I'm a little miffed by this. The quicker non-US residents have the option of EFT payments the better.  :(

·
Registered
978 Posts
Congratulations, Sharlow. I'm pretty new on here - so am still looking to building a readership up. I'd like to think I could become half as popular as you obviously are.
Any tips on book promo would be gratefully accepted...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
congrats, Sharlow. you are an inspiration.

No May cheque yet for me, as I live in Canada and I think it takes a while to get em round to us. I expect it to be around 140 and I'm totally OK with that. Most of that would be 99cent books

·
Registered
258 Posts
3,818.15 from amazon-27 books 2.99
(1,827 books)

2,595.78 (1,419 sales) 2.99 B&N (just what the pull down button states)

6,413.00 total

UK amazon should be 131.28

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drmamalove said:
3,818.15 from amazon-27 books 2.99
(1,827 books)

2,595.78 (1,419 sales) 2.99 B&N (just what the pull down button states)

6,413.00 total

UK amazon should be 131.28

Nice, I like your pubit. I'm lucky if i get $30 a month from them. I usually don't count them in my cash stats.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ajbarnett said:
Congratulations, Sharlow. I'm pretty new on here - so am still looking to building a readership up. I'd like to think I could become half as popular as you obviously are.
Any tips on book promo would be gratefully accepted...
There's really no secret for me. The algorithms just picked me up and started recommending my books thanks to the holiday season burst last Christmas. There's plenty of threads started here all the time with suggestions on how to promote. Myself, I haven't seen any sustained sales on any of the promo's I've done over the last year and a half. Time and the Christmas rush are the best driving influence in my opinion.

·
Registered
258 Posts
In order to really sell at B&N you have to be in the top 50,000 and get there fast after your book is released. I think if you don't you get lost.  I change everything constantly in the first 30 days till I get a cover and blurb that sells. I have 20 books that are below the 50,000 mark.  I have gotten in the top 100 several times but staying there is really hard. I sell erotic romances so they do well there.

I think we are doing the same at amazon money wise but I have more books so you're doing a lot better there. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Drumroll please...
$12 and some change. Wooohooo! LOL...exciting stuff. Seriously though, major kudos to the ones who are making sweet paydays! Congrats! I was very excited to hit the 100 sold in a month mark. That made my day. But you guys...are rockstars!

Kimberly V.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts