Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
I hate the changes too. It keeps showing me posts from way back to look at?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah looks good... but I have never been a fan of anything modern. I like old school aesthetics when it comes to cars, houses, fashion styles, and everything in between. Definitely liked the old K boards style but maybe it will just take a bit to get use to.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
I had to log back in again.... even had to dust off the old "book o' passwords" to find out how. 😣

On the plus side.... more emojis?? 🙃

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah looks good... but I have never been a fan of anything modern. I like old school aesthetics when it comes to cars, houses, fashion styles, and everything in between. Definitely liked the old K boards style but maybe it will just take a bit to get use to.
This is clunky and old fashioned to me, reminds me of the days of primitive computing. But a lot of websites appear to have gone backward latey...

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
The update seems heavier on ads, plus people's covers in their signatures aren't loading well. I don't like change.

On the positive side, I appreciate the addition of the like button. I've wanted KBoards to get one of those for years. It'll save me a lot of "This" or "What they said" posts.

Edited to add: Just noticed that I lost the "Harvey Chute" designation above my avatar, which I'll miss. :(

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm with people on the not-liking change aspect, due to being old and somewhat set in my ways.

However, thanks to the welcome tour (?) I have been able to find my way around.

I don't find the forum loads that slowly, but I have got lots of questions about how to load Amazon links, but they can wait. I can imagine if you've got an imminent book launch, not knowing how to do stuff could be more of a drag.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is like being offered a new triple chocolate chip,white chocolate chunk, double fudge with extra sprinkles cookie when all I really want is a chocolate digestive.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Bookmark this. It's a lot easier to navigate than the default.

Once I discovered that, I was in love with the new site. It's clean, fast, easy to navigate, and it has dark mode!

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Bookmark this. It's a lot easier to navigate than the default.

Once I discovered that, I was in love with the new site. It's clean, fast, easy to navigate, and it has dark mode!
Has anyone figured out where our (old) bookmarks are?

Also, am I missing a way to click only on the newest replies to a post? If that option exists on the main page, I'm not seeing it. 🤨

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Has anyone figured out where our (old) bookmarks are?

Also, am I missing a way to click only on the newest replies to a post? If that option exists on the main page, I'm not seeing it. 🤨
There's a bookmarks thread, so check that out.

With regards to newest replies, I'm not sure if I did something for this to happen, because I did play around with several settings. But when I opened threads I read yesterday, my browser automatically took me to the point where the newest--unread--messages started.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
It might be a great change, but I hate change, so I can't tell right now lol.
I prefer forums to stay as they are, too but at least this one's got a like button.
I had to log back in again.... even had to dust off the old "book o' passwords" to find out how. 😣

On the plus side.... more emojis?? 🙃
And a like button!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well, I am statistically speaking an old guy. But instead of standing out on my lawn waving my stick at those damn kids, I applaud these changes. And in general, I embrace change because it often sparks creativity.

Speaking of which; isn't it a little odd in a community of writers who by definition are about fresh stories, thoughts, perceptions, and creativity in a big way, to be opposed to change?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts