Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns for my next book group meeting. Reading it on the Kindle was pure pleasure. I'll be showing my Kindle to this group of friends (with whom I have been meeting for over 13 years) next week. It will be interesting to see this hard core group's reaction to this technology.

Whatever, I'm still sold. Now I'm reading The Stand which I read years ago. I always wanted to read the longer version, but I don't think I would have purchased a paper version. Managing a large book is such a pain, but holding the Kindle is easy.

Also, I'm a big Azimov fan. I've purchased the Foundation series to read again. There are other books I've enjoyed and want to reread. I think the Kindle will help me do that by making the second purchase less costly.

If only I didn't still have such a huge number of paper books yet to read! Sign.

·
Registered
829 Posts
sramalouf said:
I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns for my next book group meeting. Reading it on the Kindle was pure pleasure. I'll be showing my Kindle to this group of friends (with whom I have been meeting for over 13 years) next week. It will be interesting to see this hard core group's reaction to this technology.

Whatever, I'm still sold. Now I'm reading The Stand which I read years ago. I always wanted to read the longer version, but I don't think I would have purchased a paper version. Managing a large book is such a pain, but holding the Kindle is easy.

Also, I'm a big Azimov fan. I've purchased the Foundation series to read again. There are other books I've enjoyed and want to reread. I think the Kindle will help me do that by making the second purchase less costly.

If only I didn't still have such a huge number of paper books yet to read! Sign.
I have a stack of paper books that I hadn't read yet when my Kindle arrived on June 6th. Still haven't read them. Have downloaded a few on Kindle and read that version though. I just don't think I can go back to dead tree books for pleasure. I've only purchased travel books for a trip I just took and books on calligraphy in paper version since I got my Kindle.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
1.  The KindleBoards discussions with a great group of people!!

2.  Ordering ten books in the last week and spending $6.00 total on them!! (Two were free)  Thank you    "Bargain Books" discussion pages!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see myself buying books on the Kindle that I have in paper, too.  But, I am proud that I did finish one of my paper books this past weekend.  We'll see what the future holds for the rest of my pile(s)!   :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I am looking forward to the Book Klubs beginning in January, but I really wish I was still back in Houston so that I could take my Kindle to my Book Club there!!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
sramalouf said:
I'll be showing my Kindle to this group of friends (with whom I have been meeting for over 13 years) next week. It will be interesting to see this hard core group's reaction to this technology.
Send that group over here - we'll help you convince them to get a Kindle!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Really cool to me is that I'm carrying around about 200 books right now - no more finishing a book and not having another to hand!

Katiekat

·
Registered
127 Posts
sramalouf said:
I can see myself buying books on the Kindle that I have in paper, too. But, I am proud that I did finish one of my paper books this past weekend. We'll see what the future holds for the rest of my pile(s)! :)
I still read paper books too but if a book I'm reading is extremely large and/or fairly cheap Kindle-wise, then I'll get it on my Kindle anyway. Anna Karenina, for instance, fits both those criteria. I can't imagine trying to hold that giant up in bed!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Although I am not in a book group, I shared my Kindle with my mom's Mystery group.  I didn't get the feeling they were impressed.  I don't want to read a DTB, but had to buy one the other day because it was not on Kindle.  We'll just see if I read it or not.  I have already replaced DTBs with Kindle versions and enjoyed them on Kindle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts