Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"What's for Dinner?" is a very important question in the quilting community. One artist on FB asks the question every night--and a traveling national exhibition even came out of it, LOL. Everything from popcorn to gourmet dinners might be the answer.

So, what's for dinner?

We're having pork loin roast, cooked in my Instant Pot (see the Instant Pot thread here in Not Quite Kindle for more information). Potato, not sure what veggie yet.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I'm thinking maybe a chicken dish prepared in the Instant Pot. Not sure of details quite yet.

·
Registered
19,869 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
What's in a super food crunch salad?

Betsy
i knew you were gonna ask that.... unfortunately, paris baguette doesn't list the components on the containers the salad comes or on the website, so from memory....

it's got kale, quinoa, almond flakes, feta and parmesan cheese, avocado, blueberries and strawberries with an oil and vinegar dressing.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
telracs said:
i knew you were gonna ask that.... unfortunately, paris baguette doesn't list the components on the containers the salad comes or on the website, so from memory....

it's got kale, quinoa, almond flakes, feta and parmesan cheese, avocado, blueberries and strawberries with an oil and vinegar dressing.
I figured with the word "super" in it, it would have kale in it. Not a fan, but the rest sounds great.

Betsy

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Early dinner of home made cheese pizza here and a nice salad with cruciferous and arugula and all kinds of other goodies in it, including kale. I love kale. Which is why I love this salad bag of shredded cabbages, kale and brussel sprouts.

·
Registered
22,049 Posts
Oven roasted chicken drumsticks, baked potatoes, and a fruit salad.

(It seems to me we had a thread discussing dinner plans previously, meaning years ago. I think I found some new ideas for meals from that thread. Nothing wrong with starting a new one, though.)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought we did, too, LL, but couldn't find it with a quick search (have I mentioned that I'm really, really, lazy?).  ;D

Love reading through what people are having.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Wound up making Lemon Mustard with Potatoes, highly altered. Got started & then didn't have lots of the ingredients, so I improvised: no potatoes, so substituted frozen green beans & frozen asian vegetable mix; didn't have dijon, so substituted strong deli mustard - and added all of those things to next week's grocery list! {wink}. Heated up some leftover brown rice. All very tasty, but too watery. Think I'll halve both the chicken stock & lemon juice next time.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a learning experience!  You can put the IP on sauté mode and reduce the liquid, though I've not done it.  Sounds yummy!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
So, maybe off-topic, but a burning issue for me. Whenever I boil or saute chicken (generally using boneless chicken breasts, frozen, in bulk from Costco), I come away with "white, globular particles". I've googled this & articles say it's harmless. But it's very unappealing. OK for serving at home with no guests, but not so nice for guests.

Is there some other type of chicken I should be using?

I don't remember this "(first-world?) problem" from years in the past.

·
Registered
22,049 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I thought we did, too, LL, but couldn't find it with a quick search (have I mentioned that I'm really, really, lazy?). ;D

Betsy
I understand, I'm lazy, too. And it was years ago.

I've always wondered what that white stuff was, too and I use boneless chicken breasts most of the time. I think it even shows up when cooking ones that haven't been frozen. Guess I always assumed it was safe to eat, but do try to keep it off the serving plate.

·
Registered
22,049 Posts
We'll be having a chicken casserole for dinner today. Only mine will be dinner at noon and II's will be eaten this evening. Some of last night's fruit salad will accompany it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I love reading about food!

We both work from home and our main meal of the day is lunch. It is beef bourguignon today, with red wine and carrots. Mashed potatoes for the husband, some bread for me. And a small glass of sake, just because  :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Last night I had french fries (made in an air fryer) with a fried egg (made in a pan the normal way), which had a double yolk. I've decided the air fryer is the the best invention ever!

1 - 20 of 181 Posts