Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I searched, but didn't see a thread like this.  Hopefully it's not a repeat.)

I am in the odd situation of not knowing if/how soon my Kindle has been/will be ordered.  And it is driving. me. bonkers.  Kindle Watch without an estimated arrival date can make a girl crazy!

In the meantime, I'm occupying myself with wandering through the kindleboards and looking at all the posts.  I've noticed that a lot of people have done with their Kindle what I do with a lot of things: they've named them.  SO.  I thought I would ask:

If your Kindle has a name, what is it?  And how did you name it?

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
"Ann's Kindle" was boring. . .so when a young friend of mine called it my Magic Book. . . .I decided that was less boring.

The DX that I'm expecting that just arrived (! :eek:) is "The Bodleian" because it's a big library. :D Again, mostly because "Ann's Second Kindle" is dumb. :D

Gotta go. . . .package to open. .. .

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
AND. . . .I've been there!  Blackwell's bookshop too. . . . .

O.K.  Got new content on my DX. . . .time to play!  Later folks!

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
My K2 recently insisted on being renamed.  Originally I kept with my pet naming convention and named him after a Rocky and Bullwinkle character - but it just didn't sit well. 

So now he's quite happy named after a booklegger monk from 'A Canticle for Leibowitz':  Brother Joshua  ;D

·
Registered
460 Posts
I thought I was the only one who named mine. I call mine "Goomba", as in the characters from those old Nintendo games.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My K2's name is Professor Vivian Kindlington... I honestly have no idea where that came from. It just popped into my head. ;D

Here is an entertaining thread someone started about renaming his Kindle to make the "send wirelessly to..." more funny. http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,3633.0.html

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
My Klassic Kindle is in a custom flames skin from Tego and a red Oberon "Sky Dragon" cover so the name Strabo, from Terry Brooks' book, Magic Kingdom for Sale--Sold! seemed appropriate.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
The DX that I'm expecting that just arrived (! :eek:) is "The Bodleian" because it's a big library. :D Again, mostly because "Ann's Second Kindle" is dumb. :D

Gotta go. . . .package to open. .. .
I am soooo jealous

edited to add - my Kindle 1 is Athena and Kindle 2 is Minerva

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My K1 was Anabel.  The name just jumped out at me and suited her well.

I like to say "where's Anabel", instead of "where's my kindle."  Or when using Amazon, clicking on "send this to Anabel" seemed to make more sense than "send this to Kim's Kindle".

I've had my K2 since they came out and I haven't found a name for it yet.  I just can't seem to find anything that fits.  I also still feel a little guilty about selling my K1 so my K2 is more of an electronic gadget and less of an emotional attachment.

(yes, I think I need a good counselor)

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
My KK is named Aurora.  She acquired this name because of my favorite childhood book (Sleeping Beauty) which is the first book I remember reading and the skin she wears is DG's Velvet Jewel which reminds me of the Aurora Boriales.  The name fits her.  I had never named anything but a child or pet until Aurora and have since named my Netbook "Ace".  I have not however named my new "to me" car but do constantly think about names and I am now sure I will probably give him/her a name when he/she decides what that name will be and lets me know.  lol

Sounds kind of crazy, even to me.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
My K2 is Gidget. I have Hokusai Wave Oberon cover and I surfed many many many years ago, so I thought it fit. I even created surfing screensavers. :)

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
Geoff's Kindle should be called "Just Sayin'"

just sayin'. . . .

;D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sunny. I tried out a few different names, and ended up with Sunny somehow. my first skin had a sunflower, and then my custom DG Riptide skin looks like board shorts, which reminded me of the beach, which reminded me of summer, so it fit. :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts