Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is part three of building my website. To catch you up: I first asked KBers for advice on Wordpress.com vs Worpress.org., and made a decision. Then I asked for advice on the best hosting site, and made a decision.

Now, I'm building my website and I want to add a spot for people to sign up for my mailing list.

What do you all recommend?

And would you call make it a "subscribe" slot, or a "newsletter" slot, or are there other names for the slot which asks for people's email addresses?

I notice that your author websites run the gamut when it comes for ways to ask for email addresses.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
389 Posts
This is only a theory, because I haven't been at it long. 

But I think people are more inclined to follow you on Twitter or Facebook, than they are to give up their email address. 

If you wanted to pursue those, it would just be a matter of placing links to your Facebook and Twitter pages, with the suggestion to "follow you".

Good luck  :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just put a simple entry box at the top right hand side of my home page and my blog. http://sarracannon.com/ I have no idea how many signups actually come from there. I also put a link to my signup form at the end of every book and include it when I run contests. I think most people tend to sign up from my books, but I put it up on my website too just to give them another chance :)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I use the Mailchimp widget and I title it Sign up fro New Release Email Notificaion:

I DON'T say newsletter. People envision getting chatty newsletters constantly and they are busy enough.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Caddy said:
I use the Mailchimp widget and I title it Sign up fro New Release Email Notificaion:

I DON'T say newsletter. People envision getting chatty newsletters constantly and they are busy enough.
Agreed. I don't want to say Newsletter and I don't envision it being any thing like a Newsletter.

Seems like most people are using MailChimp. At least, from this limited number of responses!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sarracannon said:
I just put a simple entry box at the top right hand side of my home page and my blog. http://sarracannon.com/ I have no idea how many signups actually come from there. I also put a link to my signup form at the end of every book and include it when I run contests. I think most people tend to sign up from my books, but I put it up on my website too just to give them another chance :)
Sara, I like your simple sign up list. I like that there isn't any form to fill out. Is that set up through MailChimp, too?

·
Administrator
10,147 Posts
NatashaHolme said:
It looks like the WordPress MailChimp widget is a very good option. It's got good reviews and looks pretty simple to use. You can read more about it here.
Thanks, Natasha! I didn't know about this widget.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.