Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of doing a giveaway to celebrate passing 10000 visitors to my blog, but I'm not sure of the best way of going about it. Is it best to gift the book through Amazon or send a coupon through Smashwords, or simply send a file via email? Any other tips or warnings?

I feel like a real noob, as my son would say.  :-[

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm researching this myself. I'm thinking of asking people to like my page on Facebook or follow on Twitter for a chance to win a free book. Then I'd use Random.org and plug in the names. The winner would get a pdf version emailed to them as an attachment.

Now if only someone would create a Blog of all Book Giveaways. Maybe there already is such a site. I don't know.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Smashwords is good for gifting complimentary books. They can choose whatever format they want, it sends the downloader a gentle email reminder to please leave a review. It's a good way to handle giveaway copies :)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I've given out Smashwords coupons before, which worked okay.

One thing I did that worked pretty well was this: First I created a Kindle copy of my book with Calibre. (Free program.) Then I used Dropbox.com (also free) to put that file into the "public" folder. Then I created a link to that file. I posted the link on my blog so anyone could click on it and download the Kindle file.

I announced I was giving away free review copies of the book. I tweeted it and others retweeted it so word spread quickly. I got about 100 clicks within a couple of hours. When the clicks reached 100 I closed it, so I don't know how many could have come if I would have left it open longer.

I've also given away copies by gifting them, but that does get expensive especially if your book is higher priced.

Vicki

·
Registered
88 Posts
Andrew Biss said:
In terms of giveaways, look up LibraryThing and Goodreads (if you have a hard copy). Both good!
Right now I'm doing an ebook giveaway with LibraryThing and also doing a hard copy giveaway with Goodreads. The traffic on both is brillant particularly Goodreads. Also it's a great way of boosting your reviews because the winners of the giveways undertake to review of your book.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts