Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using Kindle Create to test whether it's feasible for me to produce an ebook version of my picture-heavy nonfiction book.

I'm planning on minimizing file size and throwing in some text to see what the final result looks like on Kindle.

Is there a way that I can then get it onto my kindle without go through the publication process? What's my best bet?

·
Registered
833 Posts
You can probably get away with just loading it into the downloadable Previewer (https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1003018611). It's not perfect, but sideloading can cause problems that wouldn't be present in normally-delivered Kindle books that might needlessly scare you off. If you really are starting with just a mockup, I would recommend trying to create scenarios where an image might get cut off if it's near the bottom of a page, and also perhaps drop in your narrowest image, because those are the two scenarios that are most likely to cause problems.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I write my eBooks in Word and save them to filtered HTML. I load them onto the downloadable Kindle Previewer on my computer, which has several options for viewing an eBook, including a simulated Kindle, smartphone, and tablet. I am fairly certain that the Previewer will also load Word docx documents.

I've found the Previewer useful for editing as well as checking out how the eBook will look to the consumer, as well as to doublecheck to see that the chapter links work as planned.

When you load your eBook to Amazon in particular, their online previewer is also handy as a last check on looks and functionality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts