Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....with all the free books for Kindle on Amazon?

I'm not complaining (mostly), but it's a lot of really bizarrely obscure titles.  Have I missed a discussion somewhere?  I mean, holy COW, I'm up to 15 pages of free books!

So far, I think I've recognized three.  What on earth is going on?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
well looking at them, there are a lot of books that are sequels to another.
example; The Mirror of Literature, Amusement, and InstructionVolume 19, No. 546, May 12, 1832

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Don't know but think I am going to go check 'em out.  I have found these obscure ones are pretty good  ;D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well you may be in luck then.  Some of these are extremely obscure.  I finally saw two Jack Londons (Iron Heel and the Game), and Bartleby the Scrivener.  And, of all things, Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle.

And I'm now up to page 38 of free books.  A lot of them appear to be Punch magazine.  At least, I think that's what it is. 

How incredibly strange.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Amazon is too slow here when I work on the campus servers so i'll have to wait to check out anything beyond page 3 of the free books

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I quit at 225 books, appears most are old one that have been kindelized by "volunteers".  Why did they wait and release all these at one time?  I did down load a couple, but there also were a lot of duplicates.  Maybe Amazon is going to announce they are streamlining their "library"  :eek:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like the Project Gutenburg server exploded on the Kindle Books section of Amazon!  If volunteers are putting these books in, do you suppose they'll take requests?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Maybe this is a part of the Feb press conference that Amazon called. Maybe they are going to say that if you order the Kindle now, you get a lifetime of free obscure books!! :D But you have to act now, operators would be standing by, but we put them to work making the Kindles that will be backlogged until version 22 comes out!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BambiB said:
Maybe this is a part of the Feb press conference that Amazon called. Maybe they are going to say that if you order the Kindle now, you get a lifetime of free obscure books!! :D But you have to act now, operators would be standing by, but we put them to work making the Kindles that will be backlogged until version 22 comes out!
OMG Bambi. That's way WAY too funny. But WAIT!! How much would YOU pay?

·
Registered
339 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
OMG Bambi. That's way WAY too funny. But WAIT!! How much would YOU pay?
Nothing now...I am one of the lucky ones with my Kindle in hand. But it is fun to spend hours perusing free books with titles that I have never heard of...Ha ha ha...maybe not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts