Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most people read a bunch of samples before reading a full story, let alone book on their Kindle. But what was the first story you read, and if it wasn't a full length book then what was your first book also?
The first story I read was a free version of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I haven't finish a full length novel yet, but I'm halfway through with Five Skies by Ron Carlson.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My first book on Kindle was The Shack.  My nephew was reading the DTB at the time and recommended  it to me and it was at the top of best sellers when I would look on Amazon oogling my Kindle.

G

·
My first read was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society which I love, love, loved.

It inspired my first ever written review. If only book reports had been so easy to right in school.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LuckyRainbow said:
My first read was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society which I love, love, loved.

It inspired my first ever written review. If only book reports had been so easy to right in school.
Oh I have that sample! But then again I have 20 samples. I will def check it out afrer Five Skies.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Micdiddy said:
I'm sure most people read a bunch of samples before reading a full story, let alone book on their Kindle. But what was the first story you read, and if it wasn't a full length book then what was your first book also?
The first story I read was a free version of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I haven't finish a full length novel yet, but I'm halfway through with Five Skies by Ron Carlson.
I haven't read any samples yet, but I have read two and a half books. The first one was Crystal Singer, next Killishandra, now 44 Scotland St.

Betsy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fred Eagles said:
My first Kindle read was Dewey by Bret Witter and Vicki Myron. A wonderful read! And I am a Dog Lover, border collies to be specific. Dewey I would take home and love. Fred

That happens to be the only sample I've read! I loved the sample so I might just get the book...maybe when the price goes down a tad, though I know 9.99 is respectable 'cause it's so new, there are so many good cheaper books too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My first sample was The Last Lecture and I went on to buy the book.  It was excellent.  I now have 17 samples which I have not read but they linger there while I read the 12 books that I have bought or downloaded.  It is fun to have the samples just to get ready for the next book to buy!  :D

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
FYI, when you decide to buy a book that you've got a sample for, if you click on one of the Amazon affiliate links (top and bottom of each page) and then buy the book, Kindleboards will get a small commission. Kindleboards won't get anything if you buy directly from the sample, even if you ordered the sample from an affiliate link.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My first:  The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - The ending was different than I predicted, but I did like the book.

Currently:  The Shack by William P Young - Only 2/3 done but so far I think it's great.  Stopped at McDonald's this morning for a very unhealthy breakfast and to spend a few minutes reading.  I was tearing up at Mickey D's. :'(

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I've heard good things about the Shack, not really my cup of tea I don't think.
The only book I bought immediately after trying the sample was Five Skies. I'll try to buy my books through links here, but my Kindle doesn't have good service at home so i can't always send it to my Kindle right away, whereas if I buy a book when I'm out I can get it right away.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.