Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not officially a Kindle owner until Wednesday, but it seems the uniqueness of the Kindle would lend itself to some funny comments by on-lookers.  Anyone have any funny experiences yet?  I would assume you get a lot of, "What is that?"

I'm already thinking and plan on saying something like, "Shh, shh, shhhhh!  Are you crazy?  Keep your voice down!  If anyone saw us looking at this thing, they'd kill us both.  This, my friend, is a time machine." 

J

PS. I know, I know.  It's late and I'm REAL tired!  :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
My roommate had some friends over, and when I came into the living room he said, "How's your new toy? Have you played with it a lot today?" but of course none of them knew he was referring to my Kindle and I'm sure their minds all went straight to the gutter, lol.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I was working at the Free Clinic last night and had my Kindle sitting open in front of me. It was on the screensaver of Charlotte Bronte. One of the doctors looked at it and said, "Oh, is that your Kindle? Is that what you're reading?" I was sort of confused by her comment. Did she think I was reading the screensaver? Or a Charlotte Bronte book? But then my answer was probably even stupider when I said, "Yes, it's my Kindle and I'm reading the biography of Buddy Holly." LOL

L

·
Registered
599 Posts
My other roommate: "Is that an Etch-a-Sketch?" (screensaver was on)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
My 94 year old Mother-in-law is an avid Bridge player and wanted to know if she could play bridge on it. :) She won't even use the cell phone we make her take with her in case of an emergency, but she would have bought the Kindle if it had bridge. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts