Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on Joseph Finder's review in his latest newsletter I just downloaded this book.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I can't get the Link Maker to work at all with this book, so here's an image link:

This is my latest book download (and the first one on my new Kindle 2). I have the two previous novels by this author, and they were good entertainment.

Mike

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Neekeebee said:
I just discovered the Monk series...am in the middle of Season 1 and enjoying his antics very much. Usually, I don't go for books-based-on-TV/films, but this series looks promising, so I downloaded this one:

It's making me laugh.

N :)
In some ways, I like the books more than I do the TV episodes. I haven't tried to analyze why.

Mike

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
jmiked said:
In some ways, I like the books more than I do the TV episodes. I haven't tried to analyze why.

Mike
Good to know, Mike! I am relatively new to both the show and the books, and both just crack me up. I'm almost done with Mr. Monk Goes to Hawaii. This one will be next: Mr. Monk and the Two Assistants. (Can't seem to find the link!)

N :) (Hums the Monk theme song...)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Courtesy of the Free Books March 2009 thread...

His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik.

Being a big fan of McCaffrey's Pern novels this seemed like a natural choice (dragons and what not.)

- Walter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Avalon3 said:
Based on Joseph Finder's review in his latest newsletter I just downloaded this book.

Joseph Finder is also a proud kindle owner.

gail

·
Registered
142 Posts

based on the recommendation from Susan on the Amazon kindle boards, I purchased this book. The author is in the process of uploading all her backlist in kindle format. Because I wish other authors who retained digital rights, or whose digital rights were never part of their old contracts, would make the effort to kindle their books, I wanted to support this author!

·
Registered
224 Posts

This book has some Great Reviews.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ladyvolz said:
Joseph Finder is also a proud kindle owner.

gail
I posted this message back in December of 2008 about Joseph Finder.
Avalon3 said:
Not long after joining Myspace, Joseph Finder contacted me and asked if I would add him as a friend. Joe noticed we had a lot of authors in common. Based on my liking the John Corey character in Nelson DeMille's books he suggested I might like to try his books.

I did try his books and I was hooked. Joseph Finder's "High Crimes" was made into a movie. One of my favorites "Killer Instinct" takes place in the Boston area. Joe lives in Boston and is a Red Sox fan.

I like the way Joe replies to my messages on Myspace. Here's some of his messages to me that include the Kindle topic. Was I his Kindle influence? I'll write him later and ask. I'll also give him the link to these boards and ask that he at least register. He's a busy guy so I know if he does register he might not have a lot of time to visit the boards.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've decided to start the Twilight series and see what all the fuss is about. So I just added that a few minutes ago.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts