Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading the post below from Sharyn - in the Book Corner board - and this got me curious. What's the most you've paid for a book in the Kindle Store?

I was shocked to see how much the highest price Kindle book ever
is going for. But good news for you impulse shoppers - if you act fast, you can save over $1,000 on the purchase price!

Unbelievable!

sharyn said:
I bought the latest J. D. Robb book the day it came out (the 4th), for $20.76 -- unheard of for a Kindle book, but I paid it anyway because I love the series. The *very next day* the price was $14 and change. I emailed Amazon asking for the difference to be credited to my card and they emailed back, saying they couldn't do that but I could return the book and buy it again at the new lower price.

So I returned the $20.76 book (well, deleted it from my Kindle and YML)...but in the meantime my mother had already bought the book in print edition so I'm reading hers instead.

Sharyn

·
Registered
165 Posts
The most I've paid is $9.99 so I guess that's my price point. I'm sort of disappointed in the price of the new J.D. Robb book. I was looking forward to reading it this weekend but will wait until the price goes down. Oh well at least the new Stephen King book coming out the eleventh is $9.99.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I paid $24.95 for a book on acupressure. It was a classic that has been out of print and unavailable for years and I have always coveted a copy. I've seen a few rare copies in the past that have been on sale for three times what I paid so I have no complaints. I am overjoyed just to have it.

Wisteria Clematis

G

·
$6.79 is the most I've ever paid. My limit is set at $9.99. I refuse to pay more than that for an ebook. The publishers just need to realize that since we're not paying for things like paper, ink, artwork, shipping, storage, manpower and all the things that make books expensive, they can't charge as much as a regular book, or more in some cases. The technology is still fairly new, but they need to get with the program so they don't alienate all their customers. JMHO.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Since I gave them back the J. D. Robb book, the highest I've paid is $9.99.

I don't mind at all paying $9.99 for a brand new "hardcover" release in Kindle format -- saves me over paying the $24.95 or whatever for the print version -- but I don't see why they should be any more expensive than that.

Sharyn

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I paid $16.01 for Society's Child, Janis Ian's autobiography. I enjoyed it very much so it was worth it to me. I've also noticed that the price hasn't changed since I bought it back in July.

L

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
9.99 is the most I paid and perfer not to go over. It was hard enough for me to hit the 'buy book' button when I was debating whether or not I want to purchase a book that much. My brother ended grabbing my hand and pushed the button for me....just to get me to shut up as I weighed my options. (my bro's a gamer, not a reader)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
$7.99.  I haven't edged up to the $9.99 level, yet.  I would guess most of the books I buy are between $4.49 and $6.39.  I do love to search for those bargain books and I figure the most I can waste is 99 cents if I don't like it. 

G

·
Leslie, there is a book you can throw out to all those "text book" seekers. Maybe when they see the price, they will shut up about how they want all text books kindlized.  LOL

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
Leslie, there is a book you can throw out to all those "text book" seekers. Maybe when they see the price, they will shut up about how they want all text books kindlized. LOL
Very good idea! Thanks, Lucky!

L

1 - 20 of 52 Posts