Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry screwed up previous post. Here's the deal: Younger brother was flying back home last week on a 767. He pulled out his K2, the guy to his left pulled out a K1, AND the guy to his right pulled out a K2!!!!! Whats the odds? I never have even seen one in the wild! Imagine that conversation. Wonder if they got any reading done?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I do believe that's the first case of triple Ks outside of a family setting that's been reported here.  Very exciting. 
deb

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drenee said:
I do believe that's the first case of triple Ks outside of a family setting that's been reported here. Very exciting.
deb
Triple K's I like that.... What can we make up for Quads, if it ever would happen. My brother is coming back home for Mother's day, will try to get the discussion highlights from him then.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
We just all need to fly more!  On airplanes I mean, not in our books  ;D

·
Registered
135 Posts
My husband and I travelled a few months ago and there were at least four Kindles in first class.  My husband's, mine, a lady across the aisle and a man in front of us.  We also saw another after we got off the plane in Tampa.  I've seen one here and there, but that multiple sighting was surprising.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
And there's the Quads.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Quints?  Do I hear Quints?

Ann

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trekker said:
In this particular instance, I'd say 100%. ;)

I wonder if the two with the K2's laughed and picked on the one with the K1? :D
I wonder if the two with the K2's laughed and picked on the one with the K1? :D
[/quote]P I think not. At least not in my brother's case. He is now on his third one ( sun and text issues) He tries to tell me how "dark ages" I am with my Klassic, so I beat him to death for buying a piece of Kindle Krap! Shuts him up every time!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Oh I'm jealous! I'd love for a family member to get one so we can chat!  The closest I have is my brother uses his Zune to read ebooks sometimes.  And he's my Kindle hacker, haha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it's neat. Talked my brother into a K1 right after they came out. I waited until last fall to get mine. Then he dropped his K1, got the replacement for $180, bought a k2 and gave our 75 year old mother his k1. My daughter graduates from college next week and guess what I bought her?  Now the big decision, do I give her my KK or let her have the k2? ::)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
skeeterman10 said:
Yeah it's neat. Talked my brother into a K1 right after they came out. I waited until last fall to get mine. Then he dropped his K1, got the replacement for $180, bought a k2 and gave our 75 year old mother his k1. My daughter graduates from college next week and guess what I bought her? Now the big decision, do I give her my KK or let her have the k2? ::)
hmmm well we weren't able to have kids so my maternal instinct may be off but my Kindle instinct is to say download one book to the K2 and try it and see which one you love the most :) then keep that one hehehe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well as I have mentioned before, I fly for a living, and I see at least one Kindle on every flight.  The most I have ever had on one flight is 6.  But I have never seen a Kindle in a skin or Oberon cover.  That is what I keep looking out for.  If I have time, I take mine out and show the other owners how they can dress their Kindle.  Have pointed many to this board as well as decalgirl.com.  It just looks so strange to me now to see a completly white Kindle!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I work in an IT area of a large corporation... my area has about 70 people and there are 4 of us with kindles!  Only one person of the group purchased the kindle based on the recommendations of another.. the other 3 were completely random!  I must say, everyone knows we have kindles so any time a new kindle press release or leak comes out, everyone comes and talks to the resident "kindlers" about it!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hah, that's pretty funny!  ;D I've never seen anybody with Kindle in Canada.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts