Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For The Pocket Watch I'd only receive one review for about every 200 purchases, before a couple disappeared. That's 0.5 percent. I'd like about one percent of the readers from this weekend will leave a review; that will come out to 112 reviews.

What are teh review percentages for your books?  :)

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
Something like 1 review per every 150 copies sold. Those numbers are actually pretty skewed though because I requested about half my reviews from reviewers, bloggers, etc. If I hadn't actively gone after reviews my percentage would be way lower.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Every book varies for me - plus I think the customers vary.

Last year I got 10 percent reviews for Have Gun, Will Play. At first there were none, and they came in regularly, and then they slowed way down.  That was partly because I was doing some mild promotion in areas where reviewers might see it, but I didn't do that many submissions.  I think the reason that book had high percentage of reviewers, though, is because a comic mystery western has really high resistance to purchase.  Every review in every venue starts with something like "I don't like westerns, but..."  So I think the fact that the readers were pleasantly surprised helped me a lot.

Other books?  Well, some have none.  Heck, some popular ones have none or few (or even bad reviews over at B&N) but they sell better than others with a high review rate, and better ratings.  I don't know if I could draw any conclusions from it at all.

Camille

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Mine range from 1:62 for the mystery to 1:117 for one romance and 1:146 for the other romance.

·
Registered
916 Posts
For nine books, I've received about one review for every thousand sold across all titles.

These are all spontaneous reviews from readers. Well, all except three.  ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts