Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is something old and I'm the last person to notice but today I realized all my friends over there turned into my fans/followers and it happened across all pen names I have. Hopefully it's just a glitch. Have you noticed anything similar?

·
Registered
136 Posts
On my Author Profle I have 'friends' and a large amount of 'followers' that I don't think were there before - but no 'fans' anymore. I didn't have many...but I quite liked having fans  :) On my Dashboard I just have 'followers'. The difference in numbers makes me think they've combined friends and fans into followers  ::)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I've seen really weird behavior with the ratings on one of my books. All of the sudden it's listed with -1 (negative one!) two star reviews. Oh, and it has three 1-star ratings now--except I can't find any except one, across all editions of the book. And the ratings graph is screwed up. I contacted support.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Jonathan C. Gillespie said:
I've seen really weird behavior with the ratings on one of my books. All of the sudden it's listed with -1 (negative one!) two star reviews. Oh, and it has three 1-star ratings now--except I can't find any except one, across all editions of the book. And the ratings graph is screwed up. I contacted support.
I experienced something similar last Sunday. I noticed that in the morning some reviews (and ratings) had disappeared for one of my books. I contacted support, but the reviews came back in the afternoon. Support returned my email after everything went back to normal, and they had no explanation as to what happened. I hope you're able to get things straightened out (or perhaps they will correct themselves).

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
They turned all friends of authors into "followers" and abolished "fans". There are a lot of readers now unfriending authors by the droves, because they do not want to be forced to appear as fans or to be promoting their books.

It's the new status quo, not a glitch. Allegedly a move spawned by (unnamed) authors asking for this.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Colleen Cross said:
I could be wrong but I think this is the first step in integration with Amazon Author Central and (maybe) monetizing with pay per click advertising.
Thoughts?
A pretty terrible idea. That's what killed IMDB.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts