Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just changed the price of my first book, ROMANCE NOVEL from .99 to 2.99.

Now Amazon has the digital list price as 2.99 but it's crossed out and in its place is the Amazon price of .99.

So basically Amazon is saying, "Too bad, PJ. We're still selling it at .99."

Is this a good thing? Like, will Amazon also list this book on their 'specials' page?

Thanks! PJ

·
Registered
390 Posts
I assume it's just Amazon doing it's thing, but if it's still crossed out once the book goes "live" on your bookshelf, I'd guess they're price matching.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm. I changed it to 2.99 at B & N and Smashwords but maybe it's taking a while to show up there. I'll go find out. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Seems there might be an opportunity for an enterprising programmer to write a module that will check all vendors and list current posted prices.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that would be a good program. If only I was tech savvy. I couldn't even figure out how to add a second book cover to my sig line and had to ask Betsy to do it for me. LOL!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I've seen this question come up a lot.  I think what gets people is that Amazon only does their price-checking routine every so often.  It seems to be about once a week?  Anyway, if your price change hasn't gone through on all the other sites at the time Amazon checks, it will stay where it's at until they check again, but it will eventually change.

--Maria

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's 2.99 everywhere else. I just checked, but I noticed on my report that it is still in the 'publishing' stage on Amazon. Well, I guess it will be 'on sale' for a bit longer. LOL! Thanks, everyone.

·
Registered
390 Posts
PJJones said:
It's 2.99 everywhere else. I just checked, but I noticed on my report that it is still in the 'publishing' stage on Amazon. Well, I guess it will be 'on sale' for a bit longer. LOL! Thanks, everyone.
Yeah, I find that when I lower the price of my book, Amazon first strikes through the original price and posts the revised cost. I guess raising the price works the same, but backwards?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the book is no longer in the 'publishing' stage but the price is still set at .99, so I guess I'll wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Half-Orc said:
Odds are high you have it at 99 cents elsewhere, and until those other places get up to 2.99, Amazon won't let it go up.
Yeah, I think that's right. Do you have it on pubit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts