Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
go to the thread concerning member numbers.  You are number 35, btw.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Just sort of an April 1 warm up.

·
Super Moderator
67,479 Posts
marianner I think it was born of the discovery that if you hover your mouse over your name on one of your posts, and look at the info that comes up at the bottom left of the browser window, it tells you what your "member number" is.  Harvey is #2  (His admin alter ego is #1).  Many of us. . . .who are easily amused. . . found this fascinating and have been changing names and trying to figure out ways to put our number in as part of our "identity". . . . and I think intinst has the right of it as well in that it's a warm up for April Fool's!

Don't let it disconcert you. . . . .if you can't figure out who someone is. . .just ask!  :D  And enjoy!

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
drenee said:
go to the thread concerning member numbers. You are number 35, btw.
355, actually.

Marianner, in addition to what Ann and the others have said, we're also all eagerly anticipating the arrival of member 3000 who we hope is witty, charming, and talkative and will add a dash of class to this place. Or something like that.

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Leslie said:
355, actually.

Marianner, in addition to what Ann and the others have said, we're also all eagerly anticipating the arrival of member 3000 who we hope is witty, charming, and talkative and will add a dash of class to this place. Or something like that.

L
Oops, sorry. That's what I get for not previewing my post.

No pressure on member number 3,000 at all.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Leslie said:
355, actually.

L
How close are we getting to arrival of our new friend?

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
We are at 2951 right now.

edited to add:
We have added 465 members so far this month.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
We're at 2951.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I stopped being a number when I graduated from college....it seems that I can't get away from it though  :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Throw the kindle at you. said:
Correction 355

EL The K2 thrower.
Thanks. Leslie pointed that out to me as well. Sometimes I type too fast, and I didn't preview first. I'm also trying to do several things at once today. Not a good idea.
Don't throw your K2 at me please.

·
Super Moderator
67,479 Posts
'those' people. . . 'these' people. . . .yous guys. . . .all are welcome!  When I first joined here I religiously read every post of every thread. . . .gotten too big for that now so I have to pick and choose or I'd have no time to do anything else.  But there's some useful stuff in Forum Central. . .it's also where you can offer your suggestions so we can add your good ideas to Harvey's "to do" list.  :D 

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
PJ said:
Where do you see that? When I look at members just now it shows 2844
Go down to the bottom of the main page, where the stats and stuff are. It shows the latest person to join and their number. That's the one that Harvey uses.

L

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
1 - 20 of 74 Posts