Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an admitted Kindle virgin, I had never seen a Kindle screensaver until two days ago, but all of the complaints about ugly screensaver pics had me prepared for the worst.  Instead, I've been delighted at all of the pictures that have come up so far.  I think the author/literary theme is really well implemented, and the pictures are wonderfully detailed.  Haven't see one to complain of yet!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Because I don't like waking up in the morning and having Oscar Wilde staring at me.

It creeps me out.

Also, I think Amazon knows I don't care for him and have somehow set this screensaver to come up on more than 3/4 of the time I look at the screen. It seriously seems almost every time I look at Bella, he's there.

Edgar Allen Poe is also a bit freaky.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Leslie said:
Said by a woman who used to have a Kindle named Edgar! LOL

L
My Edgar wasn't freaky. This one stares at me with beady little eyes..

Oh, and Alexander Dumas looks like Captain Kangaroo.

LaraAmber said:
The fur could be the only thing he was wearing.

Lara Amber
I think I just threw up a little.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Atunah said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now I won't ever be able to look at it again. I was fine, just fine. Now that visual is stuck in my brain.

:eek:
Well, it could be worse, you could be picturing Lord Douglas and Oscar and the fur and....

oh, never mind. This is a family board. ::) ::)

L

·
Super Moderator
67,558 Posts
The screensavers don't bother me at all. . . one looks like my grandmother. . . but I don't see them that often.  If my Kindle is sleeping, the cover's closed.  I see it for a second or two when I wake it or put it to bed. . . . To be honest I don't even notice them any more. . . . .So, clearly, by logical extension, if you don't like looking at them. . .you need to have a cover!  :D

Ann

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well I just got my K2 today (it's my first).  And of course I just LOVE it.  I will also go on record as saying I really do like the screen savers.  And as for the picture of Poe, it couldn't be creepier than his stories.  :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Such sexism!

Admittedly, Oscar's compass points a few degrees shy of north, but Agatha Christie, a childhood favorite, raises no eyebrows?  I suspect she emerged from the womb with the face of a 50-year-old man with "grandma hair."

Nevertheless, I am pleased to find a mass-produced product bearing such an image over that of say, one of today's famed "hoochie mamas."

1 - 20 of 87 Posts