Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For unestablished authors: give out freebies? assume the author has literally no following and is unknown and is just starting out.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
www.bookfunnel.com join group author promos to build your newsletter. ask your new newsletter subscribers if they would like a review copy of your book. you can use a short story for bookfunnel, or a sample of your work in progress

·
Registered
633 Posts
As I said before, go to Goodreads, check your genre and try to approach some of the reviewers. The worst thing they can do is ignore your letter, but if you approach them nicely and professionally and if they like the books, they might review them both on Goodreads and on Amazon. I've made quite a few good long term friendships on Goodreads in this manner.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If you're new with zero platform? (We all are at the beginning.)
1. BookSprout has a free plan, wherein you can get up to 20 reviews? This works really well if you're in popular genres. It's still worth trying even if you're in a niche.
2. Facebook reader groups for your genre (be sure you know the rules for asking.)
3. You can try goodreads, but you have to be very sure you're posting in an area where people are looking for review copies.

Ultimately, at the beginning, you're laying the foundation for your future author career, so make sure your structure is in place. Have a working web site. Claim your goodreads and author central author pages. Be sure to have a mailing list sign up form, and an idea of what kind of content you plan to send to engage.

Above all, try to come up with some sort of launch plan for your book when it goes on sale. If you sell it to the right audience, reviews will follow.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Keep giving it away and be patient. If you are in KU, you can give it away for 5 days out of every 90. Wide is more of a hassle, but my bestselling book was permafree for a while, during which time it attracted hundreds of reviews on Amazon (and thousands on Google Play). When I decided to give KU another shot, I took it off all the other sites and informed KDP - they were fine about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts