Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have favorite books, which would naturally be appropriate for something like the Book Corner. I don't know about anyone else, but I know that I have favorite covers as well.

So after this question has bugged me for a little while, I thought to ask this question: what self-published book has your favorite cover?

Naturally, it would probably be best if the writers among us did not list one of their books. :D

My favorite self-published cover was the simplistic, original cover for Eragon. There's just something about it I like a great deal.

So what's yours?

·
Registered
513 Posts
LOVE this topic, Ryne!

Two covers that I always stop and stare at when I see the signatures come up are:

Daniel Arenson's cover is all that a fantasy cover should be and more. If he hasn't already, he should buy his cover artist a beer. Pure awesome!

Cidney Swanson's cover caught my eye before it even came out! Gorgeous, sweeping cover art. Love. It.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Okay, I have three and don't know how to post them here because I'm lame. Maybe someone could help  me. Here they are in order.

1. Dating my Vibrator, by Suzanne Tyrpak, because what woman doesn't fantasize about dressing her vibrator in a suit and sharing a big tub of popcorn on a movie date, going for a romantic stroll on the beach, or wining and dining at a five star restaurant?
2. Circle City by Alisha Paige because of the cool aurora borealis and the colors, but mostlly the bare-chested hottie on the cover, even though he's not as studly as FLABIO on my cover.
3. Barbary Point by Alan Nayes because I just love the simple, yet elegant fonts.
PJ

·
Registered
513 Posts
PJJones said:
Okay, I have three and don't know how to post them here because I'm lame. Maybe someone could help me. Here they are in order.

1. Dating my Vibrator, by Suzanne Tyrpak, because what woman doesn't fantasize about dressing her vibrator in a suit and sharing a big tub of popcorn on a movie date, going for a romantic stroll on the beach, or wining and dining at a five star restaurant?
2. Circle City by Alisha Paige because of the cool aurora borealis and the colors, but mostlly the bare-chested hottie on the cover, even though he's not as studly as FLABIO on my cover.
3. Barbary Point by Alan Nayes because I just love the simple, yet elegant fonts.
PJ
LOL! I love you, PJ ;).

I just went to some threads I knew I'd recently seen these folks in (i.e. stalked them), then right clicked on their sig pic and did "copy image URL." Then, I clicked the image icon in the post and pasted the url in between the /img bits. I hope that helps!

P.S. your covers is one of my favorites, too! :D I mean, seriously... who can resist Flabio's charms?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have no idea if this will work, but below should be the cover image for Ben White's The Undying Apathy of Imogen Shroud. That one made me buy. There have been a couple of others too...but my memory is, um, not so great.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, if we're listing more than one favorite, I'll have to add two more. :D

Second among my favorites is the cover of Eric Jones' The Door to Canellin. He's my favorite self-published author, and he says I'm his biggest fan. ;D

And then there's my second favorite self-published author's newest cover. It's my favorite of his covers. Of course, I'm talking about David Dalglish's Night of Wolves.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a lot of favorites. There are my own, of course. But I can't really brag about any I designs. Wouldn't be proper. ;D

I really like Killing Cupid.

There is another I adore, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is right now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ladyeclectic said:
Honestly, all of David Dalglish's covers are my favorite especially his Dancing... stories (with the assassins and red cloaks). Next would be anything by PhatPuppy Creations (which does included the aforementioned RIPPLER by Cidney Swanson). :)
Ooh, yes. All of Dalglish's covers hit my "nerd spot." Love them!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RonnellDPorter said:
Also, do unofficial covers count? Because Vicki's new cover for The Overtaking was genius - the first version, not the overs with all the colored text boxes... I'm not to taken by those...
To answer that question, look at my favorite cover. It's from Eragon when it was self-published. :D

So yeah, any cover, even unofficial, counts.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Half-Orc said:
You guys are making me blush.

I think Not What She Seems has the most simple, yet striking cover for any indie I've seen. Hardly anything fancy, yet it still comes across as incredibly eye-catching.
I was wondering when you were going to show up. I guess we just had to say your name three times. :D

No one can deny that Peter did amazing work with your covers. I'm sure we're all in agreement there. ;D

And Not What She Seems has a great cover too, though I personally like the original one better. I've only see it once, but it left a long-standing impression.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Awe, thanks guys!

RonnellDPorter said:
Also, do unofficial covers count? Because Vicki's new cover for The Overtaking was genius - the first version, not the overs with all the colored text boxes... I'm not to taken by those...
Thanks Ronnell, I'm trying to convince my husband that it's not water all around the people. He's hating on it right now. :p We'll see if I can change his mind.

Vicki

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I really like the cover for "Out of Time" by Monique Martin. This book cover drove me to get a sample that later led to a purchase.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
We all have favorite books, which would naturally be appropriate for something like the Book Corner. I don't know about anyone else, but I know that I have favorite covers as well.

So after this question has bugged me for a little while, I thought to ask this question: what self-published book has your favorite cover?

Naturally, it would probably be best if the writers among us did not list one of their books. :D

My favorite self-published cover was the simplistic, original cover for Eragon. There's just something about it I like a great deal.

So what's yours?
I've seen quiet a few different covers for Eragon, but I don't think I've ever seen the original version. You're quite right; it's very srtriking. I love it!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.