Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
A friend was teasing me when I bought mine and had me do this but she also had me add in the price of my kindle. At that time I was paying ~$54 per book.  Though I may be down to $30 a book with all the freebies I've added. I'll have to figure it out tonight when I get home as I downloaded lots of freebies from othersites that are on my pc.

theresam

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Since 11/07/09 I have purchased 38 books, including free books, which averages $4.72 per book.  I am thinking this is not too bad.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have a total of 164 books for a total of 254.00.  That averages out to 1.55 per book.  Even going to Half Price Books on a sale day I couldn't get books at that price.  I did notice as I was making a spreadsheet (I know, sad way to spend an evening) that a number of the books I have purchased have went up in price. 

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I really don't want to know, but I have 48 pages of books in content manager when I put everything on my Kindle and on Amazon in the list.  I get all my books from Amazon.  I'll let someone else do the math, but I only have 16 free books.  A lot have been the $9.99 ones.  At least I'm helping keeping the economy going. :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I'm afraid to add it up because I know I'll start crying.
Haha, I haven't spent nearly as much as some of you guys here. I don't know if that is good or bad? ::)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
In one month I spent about 60$ (entire Southern Vampire books and a new release) in books which got me grounded. Last month I've only spent 14$. In total I don't think I've spent over 100 dollars on books on my K. I usually get free or cheap books.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
From Amazon I've downloaded 120 books (one contains thirty, one contained 5 and another 3, but I just counted downloads).    Total price $120.73.  Lots of free and very low cost books.  Only one that was $9.99, so far.   That isn't counting two free copies of newspapers, a couple of calendars.

And of course a gazillion samples.

This dates from November 1, when I ordered my Kindle.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Seamonkey said:
This dates from November 1, when I ordered my Kindle.
We ordered ours the same day. :)

I have 69 Kindle items so far, according to my Media Library.

Rough estimate:

25 or so: Free books
5-6: Subscriptions/Misc
The rest: Books I've purchased (some for as little as 1 cent to 1 dollar)

That's not counting any free classics I downloaded from feedbooks.com, etc.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I've bought 118 books from amazon at a total cost of $286.13.  That works out to an average cost of $2.42/book.  Sure, there are some that I wouldn't have bought unless they were free and I may never read.  But I have found some great free ones that I would have been willing to pay much more for.  This of course doesn't even factor in the literally hundreds of free books I've gotten from other sources.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Had my kindle since October 22, and I've "purchased" 45 books for $228.02, or $5.07 per book.  It is worth noting, however, that this includes 3 technical books, which together cost $98.39.  Take those out of the mix and it's 42 books for $129.63, or $3.09 each.

My most expensive book was $46.80, and my cheapest non-free book was $0.60.

As for books I've actually read completely, that total is 13 for $100.97 ($7.77 each), or 11 for $44.18 ($4.02 each) if the tech books are excluded.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I got my kindle in May and I have about 144 books on it that I got from Amazon.  I'm not sure how many free books. 

What ever the cost I'M WORTH IT.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
tessa said:
So true.

I bought the Dickens collection (200+ works) for $4.76, which works out to .0238 cents per book. The complete Sherlock Holmes was 80 cents. Yes, I spent 9.99 for a couple of books, $7.99 for maybe a dozen books and another dozen or so for $6.39. Average that out with all the bargain collections and free books I've gotten, I've probably spent a lot less than $1 per book.

I'll just reiterate what Tessa said ... I'M WORTH IT!!!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have 64 kindle books on Amazon, mostly free, and 100 others free from other sites - less than $1 a book - my reading has grown tremendously, although I don't know how because I used to read all the time anyway.  This is since July last year.  ;D

DITTO
I am worth it!  Only habit I have and I worked for a kazillion years in jobs I did not really care for to be able to do this  ::)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
tessa said:
I got my kindle in May and I have about 144 books on it that I got from Amazon. I'm not sure how many free books.

I may NOT be worth it, but I don't care. In this sea of disaster going on all around us, my Kindle gives me great pleasure. Whether I'm worth it or not (you could probably get many points of view on that), I'm buying the K books I want to read.

Steve

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
stevene9 said:
I may NOT be worth it, but I don't care. In this sea of disaster going on all around us, my Kindle gives me great pleasure. Whether I'm worth it or not (you could probably get many points of view on that), I'm buying the K books I want to read.

Steve
Steve - with your contributions to the Kindleboards you are definitely worth it! In my HO and I am sure others will agree LOL :eek:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Anju said:
DITTO
I am worth it! Only habit I have and I worked for a kazillion years in jobs I did not really care for to be able to do this ::)
Hey I am with you there regarding the jobs. I work full time from home while keeping track of my two toddling babes. Reading is my main hobby and habbit and I don't smoke, drink or do drugs--although with the two toddlers, the thought of starting has crossed my mind!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had mine since April.  I've bought 151 books averaging around $5.50.  I have 36 that I haven't read yet.  I figure I am spending less on books than when I bought them at the grocery store, Costco or from Amazon.  Even when I bought used books for almost nothing I still had to pay shipping on at least $3.00.  I think I'll work on reading the last 36 books though and slow down my Amazon bill.  I have some great reading stored up but I also have a pretty substancial wish list.  I forgot to add in my 25 free books, so I have 176 books at an average cost of $4.50.  I do love to read!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts