Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this subject has already been covered!
I found a pic I like with 5 downloads but I know these pics get around. Who knows how many downloads at another site. Do you think with 5 I'd be safe?
Seems like the hot pictures really rack up the numbers, lol. At what number do you just say no, I'm sorry, but you've gotten around too much and no self respecting book can be seen with you!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Anotherdreamer said:
Sorry if this subject has already been covered!
I found a pic I like with 5 downloads but I know these pics get around. Who knows how many downloads at another site. Do you think with 5 I'd be safe?
Seems like the hot pictures really rack up the numbers, lol. At what number do you just say no, I'm sorry, but you've gotten around too much and no self respecting book can be seen with you!
I would say use whatever you want, but make sure to alter the original via Photoshop or some similar program so that it becomes a unique image.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Do an image search with Google to see if you can get a handle on how it's been used. It may have been downloaded and never used, or used on private brochures or random things.

Or it could be the cover of five other books. It might also be on ten different stock sites and downloaded many times in other places.

If you have never done an image search:

Copy the URL of the image (it should end in .jpg -- right click and copy the properties) or download the watermarked image to your computer.

Go to Google Search. Switch to images.

In the search box is the picture of a camera. Click on it.

Either paste in the URL or upload the download.

The search will find instances of the image's use as well as similar images. It's not perfect and misses some things, but it will give you an idea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good advice above.

Depends on how you want to use it, but modified creatively enough, it might not matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts