Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rently purchased a lightly used Kindle, haven't received it yet, but I believe that it is out of factory amazon waranty.

is there an aftermarket, extended warranty I can purchase to protect my new (to me) Kindle?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you purchase off of ebay? I believe square trade offers warranties for ebay items, just enter the ebay item # for a quote. Also, there is a code somewhere on here for 40% off.

ETA: use coupon code "Family"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Square Trade Website
How do I buy a warranty?
Use the quote tool above. If you can't see it, or don't have flash on your browser, click here.

Warranties are available on most electronics and appliances bought on eBay or from a retailer. They are not available for items bought from other individuals, including on classified sites like Craiglist. We also can not sell warranties to individuals based in Maine due to their regulatory requirements.
:(

so if I would have bought the same item from an individual on ebay, I would be covered... whats up with that ??

·
Registered
33 Posts
i believe that if you bought it used, and can prove purchase date, square trade will sell you a warranty, go to thier site and call customer service. after all there is nothing different from buying it from someone on ebay vs buying it anywhere else. used is used.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, perhaps they will take the paypal data, I guess once I get the unit, I will give square trade a call.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mom2AshEmBella said:
Did you purchase off of ebay? I believe square trade offers warranties for ebay items, just enter the ebay item # for a quote. Also, there is a code somewhere on here for 40% off.

ETA: use coupon code "Family"
Ty for this information. I recently bought 2 "gently used" K1s from eBay. I just got two year Squaretrade warranties for each at a cost of $31.59 per Kindle (with the coupon code).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts