Kindle Forum banner

When did your RECEIVE your Kindle?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for another fun poll! When did you receive your Kindle -- choose the month when it arrived, not the month when you ordered it. Let's see how many oldtimers we have here, anyway..and maybe figure out what exactly an oldtimer is!

If you've ordered more than one Kindle, you may select the months you received each one, up to a maximum of 6.

Leslie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
I'm wondering how many have had it longer than you and I Leslie?  I ordered 3/27 and recieved it in April sometime.  
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jen said:
I'm wondering how many have had it longer than you and I Leslie? I ordered 3/27 and recieved it in April sometime.
I think I just saw that Jodi (jah) received hers in February.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
I ordered in on January 7th and received it in early February.

I ordered it by accident. lol I had dialup and my mouse moved faster than my connection. I was moving the scroll bar up when I accidentally clicked on the One Click Order. Suddenly a message came up "Congratulations! You have ordered a Kindle!" and I screamed "NO!!" It took me 15 or 20 minutes to figure out how to cancel it. By that time, I realized that I had been absolutely obsessed with the Kindle and had been stalking the Amazon website for several weeks, trying to find out everything I could about the K. And I realized that despite the price, I wanted it, I really, really wanted it. lol I let the order stand, and have been enormously happy with it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,893 Posts
I can already say -- last month.  It came on October 31.  The best Halloween treat!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Sandpiper said:
I can already say -- last month. It came on October 31. The best Halloween treat!
Same here, I ordered it on Sunday and it arrived Friday afternoon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Eclectic Reader said:
I ordered in on January 7th and received it in early February.

I ordered it by accident. lol I had dialup and my mouse moved faster than my connection. I was moving the scroll bar up when I accidentally clicked on the One Click Order. Suddenly a message came up "Congratulations! You have ordered a Kindle!" and I screamed "NO!!" It took me 15 or 20 minutes to figure out how to cancel it. By that time, I realized that I had been absolutely obsessed with the Kindle and had been stalking the Amazon website for several weeks, trying to find out everything I could about the K. And I realized that despite the price, I wanted it, I really, really wanted it. lol I let the order stand, and have been enormously happy with it. :)
What a great story! You were taking care of business, in spite of yourself! A happy accident :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Leslie said:
Jen said:
I'm wondering how many have had it longer than you and I Leslie? I ordered 3/27 and recieved it in April sometime.
I think I just saw that Jodi (jah) received hers in February.

L
I order my in February, but I didn't get it into march
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
I got my kindle on July 6 and it was spontaneous thing. LOL  I knew there's an ereader name kindle but didn't really know about it. I thought it was expensive and I wasn't going to get it. I didn't even compare with other ereader. I usually do the thorough search and study about it before I buy but for the kindle, I did it after I got my kindle. I'm glad I got it and wish I got it sooner but even now I don't know what made me buy my kindle that day. LOL 

Shizu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
I received mine in May as a combo birthday/mother's day present.  I ordered it, then told my husband he got me both presents already!
One of the best presents he's ever gotten me! :)
 
5

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I've only had mine for two months, but I've got over 2300 novels and short stories on it now, so I certainly feel like an old-timer.  :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Mine arrived on June 6, 2008.  I will celebrate it evermore as her birthday.  :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
HI LESLIE!!!  Thanks for the invite!  I added one more to August's receipt of Kindle list. TiGGe-R and I are getting along swimmingly!

I saw the Oprah show and am considering getting my daughter a Kindle for Kindlemas! I have to check and see when the $50 discount expires (if it hasn't already)!

How are you?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KathiD67 said:
HI LESLIE!!! Thanks for the invite! I added one more to August's receipt of Kindle list. TiGGe-R and I are getting along swimmingly!

I saw the Oprah show and am considering getting my daughter a Kindle for Kindlemas! I have to check and see when the $50 discount expires (if it hasn't already)!

How are you?
Kathi!! You made it! I am so glad you are here!

The Oprah discount ended on November 1.... :( But I still think you should get her one. It will improve the quality of her life! LOL

I am good...busy with this forum which is lots of fun. You'll see lots of familiar faces here.

We need to get Jack over here, and EB, and some of the others from the naming thread.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Wow!  I'm one of the two who received mine in February (the 14th).  Kind of neat to be an old-timer even though I don't feel that old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Hi Kathi,

I was a lurker on name thread and enjoyed all the conversation. Nice to see you here. :)

Shizu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
776 Posts
I ordered mine the last day of May, received it June 3 and have been addicted to everything Kindle ever since!  I love the idea of delivery day being Emerson's birthday!
Kathi - great to see you and TiGGe-R!  We need to catch up with everyone from the name your Kindle thread on the amazon site... I never did read David Copperfield like I told  Jack I would and report back to him.....but it is still on my Kindle
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top