Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would like to do a free promo for one of my books for two-three days. I am deliberating if I should do it on a few weekdays or on a weekend. Do any of you know if there is a difference in the number of downloads (and paid sales) between weekdays and weekends? Do people buy and/or download more on weekdays or weekends or is there no difference?

Also - how long before the promo do you need to notify the sites that feature free e-books?

Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
1) I think one of the more common choices is to do Sunday-Monday or Sunday-Tuesday.

2) There are dozens of different promo sites and each have different rules. Some only require 24-72h notices, while others ask for a week or more. There are some that are booked over a month in advance. You just have to check them manually. In general, 1 week advance notice is a good general rule, should be enough for most sites.

If your book is a new release, you want to start promoting as early as possible, which means that you should send out all submissions to the promo sites the moment your book is published and you have a valid link. That's because you get some extra juice from Amazon in the first 30 days as a potential "hot new release". If you wait too long to start sending out book submissions you will simply waste some of this precious time.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I usually start mine on Thursdays and run through until Sat.

There is no hard science behind it from what I've seen.  Different people have success on different days- you just have to play around and experiment, see what works best for you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've only run mine on the weekends, so I can't speak to how effective weekdays are. Whatever you decide be sure to run a few ads for your freebie. If you can't afford to drop dollars on paying sites, even posting of a few lies facebook sites or sending out a tweet or two can help you gain downloads.

Good luck. It's fun to watch those numbers swing up!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I try to arrange it so the run ends midweek. Tuesday / Wednesday, something like that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just ran my first free promo this past Sat-Mon. Originally I was just going to have it on Sat-Sun, but since it was getting more downloads than I'd anticipated, I kept it for an extra day. Had pretty good results by submitting to a lot of free sites to amp up my exposure. I found it worth the effort! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I suspect genre matters. My books sell more on weekends.  I suspect romance and YA would do fine midweek.  Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts