Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Post Announcement - After 2/26

Votes: 10 11.5%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is another post, but it pre-dates the K2 announcement.  I am wondering about all the folks who are stating that their delivery date for the K2 is in March.  I ordered mine the Friday prior to the announcement and have a 2/25 delivery date

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine is scheduled to deliver on 2/25.  I am a K1 owner so I guess we got put to the front of the line.  I chose next day shipping as I have already sold my K1 and didn't want to go without a Kindle for too long.  :'(

Chris

·
Registered
740 Posts
I ordered mine post announcement so its gonna be a while. I have to wait for all of you guys to get yours first :p.

Chris said:
Mine is scheduled to deliver on 2/25. I am a K1 owner so I guess we got put to the front of the line. I chose next day shipping as I have already sold my K1 and didn't want to go without a Kindle for too long. :'(

Chris

·
Registered
116 Posts
It will be ABSOLUTELY worth the wait....  You could always go by some accessories..... ;)

Edited: Buy not By....  Haven't had enough coffee this morning  ;D

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Ordered day of announcement with Feb 24 as ship date, cancelled my order to keep K 1. Reodered K 2 on Wed 02/11/09 with ship date of Mar 3rd. Hope it ships earlier!!  :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I ordered on Jan. 1 and I have a ship date of Mar. 2.  And I am not happy about being pushed to the end of the line behind people who ordered 5 weeks after I did  :(

I spoke to Kindle CS yesterday and the rep confirmed that my scheduled ship date is Mar. 2.  She said I would be in the 'second shipment' because there were a lot of orders in December.  I'm sure there were a lot of December orders and I would expect to wait while theirs are shipped first.  But it appears that I will also continue to wait while they ship Kindles to people who ordered after I did. 

I suspect they will ship my Kindle before Mar. 2 because they usually do....but if they do not I will be an unhappy camper....

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Ordered day of announcement with Feb 24 as ship date, cancelled my order to keep K 1. Reodered K 2 on Wed 02/11/09 with ship date of Mar 3rd. Hope it ships earlier!! :)
Ouch! I guess you got in after Amazon started putting the non-KClassic owners in the queue
Anita said:
I ordered on Jan. 1 and I have a ship date of Mar. 2. And I am not happy about being pushed to the end of the line behind people who ordered 5 weeks after I did :(

I spoke to Kindle CS yesterday and the rep confirmed that my scheduled ship date is Mar. 2. She said I would be in the 'second shipment' because there were a lot of orders in December. I'm sure there were a lot of December orders and I would expect to wait while theirs are shipped first. But it appears that I will also continue to wait while they ship Kindles to people who ordered after I did.

I suspect they will ship my Kindle before Mar. 2 because they usually do....but if they do not I will be an unhappy camper....
The KClassic owners do deserve some credit and perhaps Amazon felt that the best way to reward them was to put them in line first for the K2 as an additional thanks to the thank you letter that came w/ the KClassic. That is a 'reward' that doesn't really cost them any money.

Also Anita, I like your dog, but what's up with the butt shot?! Glad its not a bigger picture! ;D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jesslyn said:
The KClassic owners do deserve some credit and perhaps Amazon felt that the best way to reward them was to put them in line first for the K2 as an additional thanks to the thank you letter that came w/ the KClassic. That is a 'reward' that doesn't really cost them any money.

Also Anita, I like your dog, but what's up with the butt shot?! Glad its not a bigger picture! ;D
I'm not going to debate what the KClassic owners "deserve" because that will not be productive at all....

What I know is that when I ordered on Jan.1 the Kindle page said "order now to save your place in line...". Now I find out that they gave up my place in line to a bunch of other people and they don't even admit to doing that. I think have every right to be annoyed....but I'm not going to focus on it much because anger is a waste of precious energy and it clearly doesn't matter how I feel anyway.

As for my dog....if the picture was bigger you would see that it's also a great profile shot of his lovely head. Besides, I think he has a cute little fuzzy butt, and I tell him that all the time! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Leslie said:
Anita, what shipping method have you selected?

L
I selected Super Saver. Some people have been able to move their shipment date up by upgrading their shipping. Which doesn't make much sense to me....I can see how upgrading the ship method would move the delivery date up - but it doesn't explain shipping it later.

At any rate, I'm afraid if I play with that now it will move the shipment date out even further :(

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Anita said:
I selected Super Saver. Some people have been able to move their shipment date up by upgrading their shipping. Which doesn't make much sense to me....I can see how upgrading the ship method would move the delivery date up - but it doesn't explain shipping it later.

At any rate, I'm afraid if I play with that now it will move the shipment date out even further :(
There are lots of people here who have upgraded to two-day or overnight and will be getting their Kindles on 2/25 and 2/26. Just FYI.

L

·
Registered
700 Posts
Trekker said:
I initially chose free shipping but estimated delivery date was something like March 9th (shipment date of March 2nd) so I upgraded to 1 day shipping. Should have it the 25th. ;D
Same here, except I just changed mine (a few minutes ago) to two-day shipping. Now my estimated delivery date is the 26th.

·
Registered
116 Posts
@Anita,  I kinda feel like my post made you angry.  I am sorry about that.  :-\

I do understand, a little bit, the thinking that Amazon is using.  I think what they are trying to do is 2 fold.  First it is to create an instant demand for the K2 for marketing purposes.  The easiest customer to get is the one you already have.  The second reason, I think, would be to reward the "early adopters" with a chance to get an upgrade.  The window that K1 owners could order and get priority was only for 48 Hours after the announcement.

Chris

·
Registered
116 Posts
I personally don't like when posts are edited after they have been read without saying something.  In this case it was just a stupid typo on my part but sometimes it changes the meaning of the original post.

I like to let people know that something has been changed instead of it just changing right out from underneath them.  It is a habit I picked up on other, shall we say, less tolerant posting boards.  ;D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Anita said:
I ordered on Jan. 1 and I have a ship date of Mar. 2. And I am not happy about being pushed to the end of the line behind people who ordered 5 weeks after I did :(

I spoke to Kindle CS yesterday and the rep confirmed that my scheduled ship date is Mar. 2. She said I would be in the 'second shipment' because there were a lot of orders in December. I'm sure there were a lot of December orders and I would expect to wait while theirs are shipped first. But it appears that I will also continue to wait while they ship Kindles to people who ordered after I did.

I ordered in December and I was still pushed to the end of the line. They are not shipping by date ordered (as promised) - they are shipping by shipment method. People who ordered weeks AFTER me but paid extra for shipping were getting their orders first. That is NOT the way it appeared to be advertised. I even called Kindle CS about it, but they had no answer to give me and offered nothing more than an apology for the fact that I was getting screwed out of my place in line. I ended up switching to 2-day shipping because it seemed that the more NEW orders they got the further my shipping date would get pushed out. If it was only K1 people pushing me out of line it would be easier to swallow, but it seemed that ANYBODY who was willing to pay more for shipping would get their order first. That isn't fair to those of us who've already been waiting several months.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here is a possible explanation.  Don't know about plausible but here it goes...

If you choose next day air shipping or 2nd day then the window that they can slide the order forward or backward is very small.  They basically have 24 to 48 hours to ship it out.  If you choose ground then if they say it would be delivered on Mar 2nd then they have almost a week to slide.  They could wait until the 1st and ship it out next day air but just not charge you for it.  They would still make your delivery window but using a different shipping method.  If you choose super saver then they have a lot of flexibility to decide exactly when they will ship it.

I have actually had that happen to me personally.  Choose ground.  Ended up shipping one day before it was supposed to arrive and came by next day air.  I think the result of this thinking is that they put the orders selected on a faster shipping first because the window of slippage is smaller.

Everybody loves to get their Kindle earlier than the scheduled delivery... but later... Not so Much....

Make sense?????  Probably Not.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
I read my post again and laughed...  Basically what I was suggesting is inventory management.  They figure that people who order cheaper shipping are not in as big a hurry so they build in breathing room by shipping them later.

Chris

P.S. But what do I know..........      :p  I am trying to explain something that is a serious mystery...

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
I expect all Kindles ordered up to the 10th of February or so will be shipped on the 24th.  How fast you get 'em will depend on the shipping speed you chose.  Don't confuse expected ship date with expected delivery date.

But, I have not dog in this fight, to quote Dr. Phil, since I haven't ordered one!  :)

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Chris said:
P.S. But what do I know.......... :p I am trying to explain something that is a serious mystery...
But we all love to speculate endlessly...

I swear, reading about Kindles on the various forums is like a microcosm of an MBA curriculum. We have it all: operations, accounting, financing, marketing, organizational behavior...

LOL

L

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Trekker said:
When I chose free shipping and was told shipping estimate would be March 2nd, I emailed them and asked them why there was a delay in shipping. Here is their reply:

"As stated on our website, when you choose Super Saver Shipping, "your order may take an additional 3 to 5 business days to ship out from our fulfillment center(s)." This extra time allows us to process and ship your order in the most cost-efficient way possible, so we can pass the savings on to you in the form of free shipping."
Fair enough. . .and if you're ordering one book they'll hang onto it until there's a shipping container worth of stuff going to your area before they send it out. But so many people have ordered the Kindle that I think there will be full containers ready to ship on the day of release to everywhere. . . .that's why I think they'll all go out on the 24th. Or at least the bulk of them. But they can't promise that. . . . .

Mind you, I don't know. I'm just guessing. But when I've used super saver in the past my stuff has sometimes come really quick; it was pretty clear it was sent out pretty much the day I ordered it.

Ann

1 - 20 of 72 Posts