Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be honest at the risk of harm to myself!

Milli Vanilli

·
Registered
436 Posts
If by guilty, you mean things you listen to that make your family look at you like they don't recognize you, yeah I have one.  The Carter Family, also on that line really old bluegrass. 

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
C. W. McCall. If you don't remember him, he is the guy who did "Convoy" back in the early seventies. He only had a couple of albums worth of music, but I really enjoy them. The guy behind "Mannheim Steamroller" wrote a number of McCall's songs, by the way.

Some people are also shocked that I really like Abba, and they consider it mindless pop. I agree Abba was seldom deep, but their music is a lot of fun to listen to.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
The Hooded Claw said:
C. W. McCall. If you don't remember him, he is the guy who did "Convoy" back in the early seventies. He only had a couple of albums worth of music, but I really enjoy them. The guy behind "Mannheim Steamroller" wrote a number of McCall's songs, by the way.
I LOVE Convoy! Actually, I have used that song a couple of times back when I was teaching dance. Choreographed a few tap dances to it.

Chuck Berry and My Ding-A-Ling. The only problem is my teen age boys once heard me playing the song, now they are hooked and they sing it everywhere!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Abba is great!  My go-to as a pick-me-up.

My guilty pleasure artist is Andy Williams; song - You Light Up My Life.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Amy Winehouse, Eminem and Hank Williams Sr., all are talented in their own way and all make people look at me like I'm possessed or something.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Mine would be Tom Jones (although my family knows that I love his music) and Andrea Bocelli.  My husband doesn't care for either of them, but my daughters are huge Tom Jones fans, so it all works out fine. :)  (I also LOVE Jose Jose from my days of living in Mexico, but NO ONE understands (literally) my interest in his music.)

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Neil Diamond.  He was the first person I saw live in concert, back when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, too.  My parents had all of his albums and I listened ALL the time as a kid.  So, now that I have an iPod, I still do...but I try not to let anyone else know.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Indy said:
If by guilty, you mean things you listen to that make your family look at you like they don't recognize you, yeah I have one. The Carter Family, also on that line really old bluegrass.
LOL :D

Trace Adkins :p

"Take me out to the ball game..."

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
JenniHolbrook-Talty said:
I LOVE Convoy! Actually, I have used that song a couple of times back when I was teaching dance. Choreographed a few tap dances to it.
Then you probably remember his sequel, Around the World With the Rubber Duck! Even sillier, but still a fun song.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I don't know that there's any music I consider a "guilty pleasure" for me. I'm pretty picky about what I listen to (maybe even pickier than what I read ;) ). I have a soft spot in my heart for all the old Motown groups from the late '60s and early '70s I grew up listening to (thanks CKLW) although I don't really listen to it much now, but that was great music, so what's to feel guilty about? ;D

However, I do have one CD in my music collection I'm somewhat embarrassed about, but my excuse is it was only 50 cents in a bargain bin, and I don't think I've listened to it more than twice (and that was several years ago):

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have so many that most would find embarrasing...

I actually LIKE country, so I don't really consider it a guilty pleasure...  ;D
T.a.t.u.
Abba
Ace of Base
Ke$ha
Styx

I could keep going, but I don't want y'all to not talk to me.  ;D

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
For me it's Carole King - and not her adult stuff (although I do like that, too) but the songs she did for some of those kids cartoons in the 70's.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
I don't feel particularly guilty about any of it, though I'm sure some of it is decidedly uncool. Neil Diamond. Early Rod Stewart. Roger Whittaker.

And for housecleaning on the (thankfully) rare days when I really have no energy to wield a vacuum,
70s disco
can actually get me moving. ('Course then the vacuum cleaner drowns it out. ;)) Though mostly when I want energizing music I put on Ofra Haza or Pat Benatar or Gianna Nannini.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts